Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

LS4 swap in a 00 monte carlo ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't get the K&N CAI, it's a waste of money.

PCM is also a waste of money, because you'll need a new one for the L67.

I would just CAM and header the car before you get the engine in.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:04 PM

what about the guy on here thatz converting his 00-05 SS monte to a RWD w/ a Corvette LS1 engine?????? anything is possible if you have the money

Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by teamfbody
what about the guy on here thatz converting his 00-05 SS monte to a RWD w/ a Corvette LS1 engine?????? anything is possible if you have the money
That is true, I remember seeing pictures of the car when it was under construction, the whole engine bay gutted, pictures of the LS1, everything. It's a really cool idea, and has probably never happened in the 6th Gen. Monte. I got the next best thing, a prefabricated LS1 in a RWD car, just not a Monte. Would like to see how that Monte handles/drives in comparison to my Camaro.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:02 AM

you kiddin bra? ur camaro would rape on a monte! i mean i love the monte but its not god. and the camaro was built with a sporty type suspensionthe monte with luxury in mind. but theyre both amazing and fast chevys =]

Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by scottwern184
you kiddin bra? ur camaro would rape on a monte! i mean i love the monte but its not god. and the camaro was built with a sporty type suspensionthe monte with luxury in mind. but theyre both amazing and fast chevys =]
I think he meant the RWD LS1 monte- his Camaro wouldn't rape that; they should actually both be pretty similar (hence why he'd probably like to drive it- to see what differences there are).

Old 06-02-2010, 03:31 PM

the car that was on here was a whole corvette swap. ls2 motor. it should easily be in the 12s.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
the car that was on here was a whole corvette swap. ls2 motor. it should easily be in the 12s.
The one with the turbo right? And the destroker kit? That's different from the LS1 RWD one- that guy is still FWD.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:17 PM

idk the two cars youre talking about.the rwd white 2000 with the 20" wheels was the one that i was talking about. correction just looked through my messages. it had an ls6 in it the whole drivetrain was out of the corvette. i believe it was the auto so it should have been the 4L60e. he weighed the car and it was only slightly heavier than it was when it had the v6. last i spoke to him he said that he was scrapping the ls6 cause he wanted more cubes and that he had picked up a 6.0 and was using the cam heads and intake from the Ls6 on it. even with the ls6 the car wasnt all that heavy and with the power it was making if it hooked and wasnt on 20s i think that it would be easily in the 12s. which is good enough to take out a stock auto fbody. with the 6L theres no doubt in my mind that its well into the 12s.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM

you can do anything that your mind can imagine. theres a guy on here that slaped in an Ls7 and used 300m tranny parts, keepin it fwd. lol

last i heard he was having overheating issues.

only small blocks will fit though.

i dont really know what im talking about but im sure a rwd conversion would cost anywhere from 7 to 20 grand depending on how crazy you go.

after i get mine paid off, and if someone is stupid enough to give me a loan for that, im might try it. on the other hand, maybe gto's and challengers[long shot] will be in my price range by then.

GL with whatever you do, and keep us posted.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:22 PM

idk the two cars youre talking about
theres a guy on here that slaped in an Ls7 and used 300m tranny parts, keepin it fwd. lol
That's the one I was talking about- I forgot it was an LS7 though. Turbo, destroker, and lots of trans mods. Pretty neat setup.

it had an ls6 in it the whole drivetrain was out of the corvette.
That's what I meant by the RWD LS1- I forgot it was a corvette setup- I was thinking it was an LS1 for some reason.

Quick Reply: LS4 swap in a 00 monte carlo ss