Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Look what I got in the mail.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
any trips to the track? I didn't see any in my youtube feed, you should post pics of your whole car, that's flat gray is sweet!
Went to the track on Sat. didn't do to well with the tune I had. Kept bogging on launch and wouldn't shift due to misfires in the higher RPM's. Its back on the stock injectors and some more tuning.

I have a couple of pictures in the garage. But here is a few more. I've been changing the color on the front to see what I like best. Once I painted the flat grey and it didn't come out great so I've been testing different colors on the front to see what I like the best then I'm going to take it to a body shop and let them paint it

Full grey

Grey with black spoiler

Here's the engine with a blue I picked out

Current color of the front, black metallic

Last edited by bearbear3_4; 03-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

very nice looking engine cover.....

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Damn, 1k? lol not bad at all. And with the painting, are you going to go full flat grey or flat grey with black accents (like the spoiler) or something on the side, etc.. ?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 AM

How much does it taketo changed for NA to a Turbo....what do I have to changed beside exhuast manifold and intake....what really needs to be changed please give me all details.....

Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bearbear3_4
Went to the track on Sat. didn't do to well with the tune I had. Kept bogging on launch and wouldn't shift due to misfires in the higher RPM's. Its back on the stock injectors and some more tuning.

I have a couple of pictures in the garage. But here is a few more. I've been changing the color on the front to see what I like best. Once I painted the flat grey and it didn't come out great so I've been testing different colors on the front to see what I like the best then I'm going to take it to a body shop and let them paint it
please do it all in the metallic grey, that looks amazing

Originally Posted by MONTE2000SS
How much does it taketo changed for NA to a Turbo....what do I have to changed beside exhuast manifold and intake....what really needs to be changed please give me all details.....
Just read through this whole thread, you will need to modify the crossover to go to the turbo, bigger injectors, all the piping, potentially an intercooler, bov, turbo itself.

there's a lot that goes into but those are the main things

Old 03-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by abro22
Damn, 1k? lol not bad at all. And with the painting, are you going to go full flat grey or flat grey with black accents (like the spoiler) or something on the side, etc.. ?
If I go with all black I'm going to wrap the hood, roof and trunk lip in carbon fiber. If I go full grey Ill do the black accents or if I go with the blue it will have the black accents.

Like trewyn15 said there is a lot that goes into it. I hacked mine together so I could get it ready for this drag season. And being that it's 100% custom there is more then one way of doing it. I based mine of the ZZP setup for the Grand Prix 3800 being the exhaust layout is the same.

1K is just getting the turbo in and the engine to run with it in there on only 5PSI. I want to get to 15PSI which will require upgraded fuel pump ($70-$90), injectors ($350-$400), engine upgrades ($Arm), bigger turbo ($800-$1k), racing trans ($2K-$3K). I'll more then likely have to replace the trans at the 5 psi level once I get the tune dialed in.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM

WOW DO I HAVE TO CHANGED HEADS TOO ???whats a bov???i would like to do this in the near future

Old 03-06-2012, 03:26 PM

WOW DO I HAVE TO CHANGED HEADS TOO ???whats a bov???i would like to do this in the near future
If you do have a 2000 MC SS like your names says then we don't have the same engine. ZZP and some others make a complete turbo kit for the 3800. You should look into them.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM

I have it tuned for part throttle, I need to up the boost lol.

Here is a vid from my last test run. If you listen you can hear the turbo spool before the engine noise drowns it out.

VIDEO0008.mp4 - YouTube

Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

You should if you want the most power and the best flow for your turbo.

bearbear, gonna check that video out!

Quick Reply: Look what I got in the mail.