Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Intakes. What are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Default RE: Intakes. What are you guys using?

ORIGINAL: CMC

And Ca$$e, I'm just pulling your leg man, sorry. I mean if you want you can get a CSC "intake", but it ain't cheap. And that's because it's a centrifugal supercharger setup. I figured you would have gotten the joke after looking at my sig and saw the blower with the K&N cone filter hanging off of it.

But if your interested in alot more power then check out ZZP's site. That's where you can get the CSC "intake".
http://www.zzperformance.com/

Also I suggest you just go with a fenderwell intake, you won't be disappointed. That will give you the best performance since that's the only one that will actually get the intake air from outside of the engine bay, where it's actually cool. And it's what a true CAI-Cold Air Intake really is.
I saw the blower, I couldnt figure out till after I posted my reply though lol, but I will probably go with the fenderwall intake.

Old 07-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

well ive been gone for a week and im glad to come back because i got the plesant suprise of getting my bros thrasher intake system ill have it in within a week and let you know about it

Old 07-02-2005, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

well ive been gone for a week and im glad to come back because i got the plesant suprise of getting my bros thrasher intake system ill have it in within a week and let you know about it
Sweet! Suprises are nice at times huh? I have been hearing alot about the Thrasher intake but I haven't seen one, can somebody post a pic? What is the difference between the Thrasher and SLP intake?

Old 07-02-2005, 10:41 PM
CMC
10 Year Member

Thrasher

Thrasher Installed

SLP

SLP Installed (this is the only pic I could find of it installed, this guy painted his silver and custom made the clear top)

Old 07-03-2005, 01:51 AM

sweet! I like the one at the bottom cause dude customized it, it's not just the run of the mill SLP.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM

The thrasher intake looks cool, but I still think I want the fenderwall one. Do fenderwall intakes suck up water easily?

Old 07-05-2005, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Ca$$e

The thrasher intake looks cool, but I still think I want the fenderwall one. Do fenderwall intakes suck up water easily?
It should stay pretty well protected from water making it through the system. I would have to say the risk are minimal.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:55 AM

Not unless you are headlight high in water at WOT

Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 PM

Word, I was sketchy on that thanks

Old 07-07-2005, 12:28 AM

Word, I was sketchy on that thanks
No problem.

I had a CAI on my Accord for 3 years and water was never an issue, but of course I avoided big puddles whenever possible.Just make sure you remove the filter if you ever decide to high pressure wash your engine bay.

Quick Reply: Intakes. What are you guys using?