Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Intakes. What are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Intakes. What are you guys using?

ORIGINAL: Ca$$e

Eitherway I dont really care if K&N sucks or not, the point of this thread is about what you are using for an intake and whether your satisfied or not. Thats all I want to know what you people use b/c i dont want to go out and buy a crappy intake system.
True, but the filter is a main component of any intake system.......

I think your just ticked cause LS punked ya out..... lol

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

TVW

Old 06-28-2005, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

True, but the filter is a main component of any intake system.......

I think your just ticked cause LS punked ya out..... lol

TVW
I am not ticked im thinking about getting the K&N air charger, and if you read what I said earlier in the thread I said "I heard K&N sucked" I didnt say that they sucked.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:43 PM

Relax, I was just giving you a hard time...

lol

I've looked at that aircharger before as well before I chopped up my factory box. Let me know how it works when you get it. I want to go with something other than the factory hog primarily for looks and really would like to get the speedbuilt fenderwell intake system on PFYC.

TVW

Old 06-28-2005, 06:54 PM

They have a fenderwall intake at PartsForYourCar.com, i think I may go with that b/c its cool, new, and you only see them on imports

Old 06-29-2005, 12:27 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Well I'm using the CSC intake setup, it's in my sig.

Hahahahahahaha.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: CMC

Right, I tend to not believe what any company has to say when they do a comparison test of any kind. Especially when they are trying to sell the product they test.

Also whether or not these TrueFlow filters are any good will have to be seen, in the real world.
I'd feel the same way you do had I not seen it with my own two eyes. You know what the funny thing is? K&N has not shyed away or even denied the fact that thier filters actually filter better once they get dirty, it's widely known that this is the case. This has everything to do wilth why that test came out the way it did. So in the end you just have to ask yourself one thing, "do I want my filter to do what it's supposed to do now or later?" I don't know about you, buy my answer is gonna be "now!" everytime.

Also, True Flow filters are not new to the game, they have been around for quite some time in high dust/dirt environments in vehicles such as ATV's, motorcycles and off road race vehicles. They have been proven to be very good at what they do, they are just new to you. Maybe you should check the link below to learn about em.

True Flow

Old 06-29-2005, 04:36 PM

Well I'm using the CSC intake setup, it's in my sig.

Hahahahahahaha.
How does that work for you? and Could you send me a link to a place where I could get a CSC intake?

Old 06-29-2005, 08:00 PM
CMC
10 Year Member

I already checked out TrueFlow's site. And that really doesn't help at all. And it's great they've been around longer than I think in high dust enviroments, but that really doesn't concern me one bit. Now maybe if I were to see some actual real world comparisons I'd be convinced, but to me I'd have to be present. I didn't really care for K&N until a couple of local racers decided to experiment with them. They never really used filters at all at the track, but they did their own tests. They still don't use filters, but they did get about a .005-.015 improvement over a paper element with the K&N. This was done on the local 1/8 mile track in my home town.

Like I said a real world test. Oh and all filters will filter better once dirty, granted it depends on how long they can continue to filter when dirty before the element starts to break down and allow the accumilated dirt to past through.

And Ca$$e, I'm just pulling your leg man, sorry. I mean if you want you can get a CSC "intake", but it ain't cheap. And that's because it's a centrifugal supercharger setup. I figured you would have gotten the joke after looking at my sig and saw the blower with the K&N cone filter hanging off of it.

But if your interested in alot more power then check out ZZP's site. That's where you can get the CSC "intake".
http://www.zzperformance.com/

Also I suggest you just go with a fenderwell intake, you won't be disappointed. That will give you the best performance since that's the only one that will actually get the intake air from outside of the engine bay, where it's actually cool. And it's what a true CAI-Cold Air Intake really is.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:07 PM

Speaking of...I have to clean my filter today, i just happened to have my hood open earlier and I noticed some crap in there. Do you guys clean your filters on a set schedule, like by miles or something, or do you just check it and see if it is dirty, then clean it?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:45 PM

it's great they've been around longer than I think in high dust enviroments, but that really doesn't concern me one bit.
[sm=interesting.gif]

That being said, im done

Quick Reply: Intakes. What are you guys using?