Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Intakes. What are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Default Intakes. What are you guys using?

I have an 01 SS and im gonna be doing the exhaust system on my car soon and was wondering what everyone else has used Intake wise. I was leaning towards K&N, but I heard they are crap. So now I am looking at the SLP intakes. Once again I would just like to know what the rest of you used and how well they perform.

Thanks

Old 06-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Intakes. What are you guys using?

What none of you have intakes

Old 06-24-2005, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Ca$$e

What none of you have intakes

Sorry, I must have missed this one for some reason...

I did not purchase an aftermarket airbox. I gutted my factory airbox with a RotoZip tool and replaced my stock filter with a K&N.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

i followed in tvw's steps and i think it is better than stock with alot better price tag than a manufactored intake system and i has a nice sound if you play around with it enough but if you have the money i would go with a thrasher intake system and they only reason i say that is because thats the only kind ive ever seen in a monte and driven and i think it makes a great sound and sucks in consiterably more air

Old 06-25-2005, 05:50 AM

oem

Old 06-25-2005, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

i followed in tvw's steps and i think it is better than stock with alot better price tag than a manufactored intake system and i has a nice sound if you play around with it enough but if you have the money i would go with a thrasher intake system and they only reason i say that is because thats the only kind ive ever seen in a monte and driven and i think it makes a great sound and sucks in consiterably more air
I was looking into Thasher or SLP, but if you say Thrasher is good then I will probably go with that. Would any of you recomend a throttle body spacer?

Old 06-25-2005, 03:56 PM

who told you that K&N was crap??

Old 06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

ORIGINAL: Patrick

haha yeah seriously K&N filters in my opinion are some of the best

Old 06-27-2005, 03:53 AM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

ORIGINAL: Patrick

haha yeah seriously K&N filters in my opinion are some of the best
I guess that makes me the odd one out huh? I have the K&N Aircharger on mine. It's a huge filter, looks nice, sounds nice and def. gets more air. and it's a lot shorter than some others out there, and a lot straighter too, all of which helps with the flow. I agreee with big green. K&N not only makes some of the best after market filters but the whole systems as well. I am really happy with it. It's all very sturdy, well made stuff, and it goes together pretty easy. It comes with a heat shield that includes an ECU mount. Give it a look.

www.knfilters.com

Old 06-27-2005, 05:36 AM

don't sleep on True Flow. They don't have a intake made for the Monte just yet, but thier filters are nice and they flow and filter better than K and N.

Quick Reply: Intakes. What are you guys using?