Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

IMMEDIATE HELP !! I JUST PUT A NEW ENGINE IN MY MC, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS SHAKING

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Default IMMEDIATE HELP !! I JUST PUT A NEW ENGINE IN MY MC, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS SHAKING

i just got a new engine put in my 2000 monte carlo and the engine sounds like it shakes when im driving.. so i dont know if its my idle needs to be reset or air is coming out one of my lines.. ioono , but im pissed either way... any of u have any clue?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Default RE: IMMEDIATE HELP !! I JUST PUT A NEW ENGINE IN MY MC, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS SHAKING

1st off did you do the work your self or have it done by some one that knew wha they were doing at a shop?
if you had it done take it back and throw a fit.

other wise you will need to start it up and see if it is moving. see if it is shaking while there at idel. if not then put the parking brake on as tight as you can. put the car in to gear and check again. this will mimick you sitting at a traffic light with the brakes on in gear.
But then you can make sure it is aimed away from everyone and have a frend stand off to the side so they cant get hurt. and GENTLY press the gas so that it will load the motor SOME. your not trying to tear the tranny up here you just a small amount of laod on to the car to see if it allows the motor to jump.

but honestly you should see if it is going to do this right when you put it in gear if it is a broken mount it will jump .

Also stupid question have you taken a wrench to all the motor mounts? or the Tranny mounts.
Also might look at making sure the cradel is tight to. if it is lose it could cause you to feel like the motor or the front of the car is trying to get away from you

Old 08-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Default RE: IMMEDIATE HELP !! I JUST PUT A NEW ENGINE IN MY MC, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS SHAKING

i let autozone do a diagnostic check and they said it may be coming from a leak on 1 of the vacuum hoses or they may not be in all the way

Old 08-17-2008, 07:50 PM

if this is the case start to grab hoses and make sure they are tight on there. Also make sure that they are not pinched,cracked,in the wrong place etc... that is a matter of going threw it one at a time till ya find it.

I would also look for leaks around the intakes etc... things that use vac. Also check the brake booster to see if it is leaking