Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Hey Keegan! GenV ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hey Keegan! GenV ???'s

I'm thinking about getting a GenV blower. What all do I need to run it? I'm guessing there's alot more involved than just unbolting the stock blower and bolting this one on? What kind of support mods should I have? Thanks!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Default RE: Hey Keegan! GenV ???'s

You'll need the L32 lower intake manifold as well- it is different from an L67. Also, you'll need some sort of throttle body- the one that comes on them is drive by wire, so it won't work- and your stock L67 tb won't bolt up (they make adaptors to do so, but iirc the L67 tb is smaller than the L32)- I'd just go straight to a N* or LS1 tb straight off.

As far as I know, those are the only things you must change, but I could be wrong.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 AM

Thanks Bumpin! I found THIS thread which is pretty helpful. I'm just a bit confused about what to do with the EVAP sensor and PCV extension. Where did you guys run your EVAP sensor and PCV extension to? I plan on getting the GenV, L32 LIM, N* throttle body, LQ4 MAF, GenV gasket, LIM gasket, Bolts.....Am I missing anything here? Do I need an adapter plate for the GenV to N* or is the adapter plate only if your using the stock throttle body?

Old 05-08-2008, 01:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Are you going to intercool it?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:32 PM

No, at this point I don't want to run an intercooler. Is the GenV setup not worth it if you do not plan on running an intercooler? I was originally just going to get a ported Gen III m90 and ported stock throttle body and thought I might as well jump for the GenV and larger throttle body all at once... The price difference isn't THAT great and I was going to get a dyno tune anyway.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Nocturnx
Do I need an adapter plate for the GenV to N* or is the adapter plate only if your using the stock throttle body?
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...&catid=113

You still need an adaptor- click the gen 3 menu for a gen 5 option.

As for what else you need- I do not know, I'm not an expert on that specific swap.

Is the GenV setup not worth it if you do not plan on running an intercooler? I was originally just going to get a ported Gen III m90 and ported stock throttle body and thought I might as well jump for the GenV and larger throttle body all at once... The price difference isn't THAT great and I was going to get a dyno tune anyway.
Its still worth it- the same as doing a ported gen 3 is. It would of course be better IC'd, but its not a requirement at all. You should notice a nice difference with a N* TB and a gen 5.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 PM

You should notice a nice difference with a N* TB and a gen 5.
SHOULD? Try WILL.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...key=&language=

Most informative post online about the Gen V swap.

For the record, think about where you're looking to go with this. Generation V Blowers are not any more beneficial over a ported Gen III unless you plan on throwing in a cam eventually, or intercooler.

If you plan on only doing a Gen V, and TB, just do ported Gen III. It really only pays off if you plan on putting down enough boost to make the blower work lighter, but still giving the same amount of boost.

So, in summary:

1) Read that CLUB GP Post
2) Think about where you are going to end up wanting your car (as far as HP is concerned)
3) Then get back to us and let us know what you're thinking. =)

It really is not THAT hard of an install. Might take you 5 hours, taking your time.. hardest part is trying to get the LIM to seal... after the install, you're going to have to do an oil flush and change, cause coolant will make it's way into your oil if you don't. =)

-Keegan

Hope that helped a bit...

Also, as far as buying a Gen V, GTPED @ MSN.com.

Ed Morad has a great selection, fast shipping, and very competitively priced =)

Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Do I need an adapter plate for the GenV to N* or is the adapter plate only if your using the stock throttle body?
Go to https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...=646&catid=113

Believe me, comes with everything you need, INCLUDING plate to adapt to the Gen V... just do 75 MM, cause any more only sees benefits if you plan on running 11's, which is highly unlikely for many of us on here.. lol

Old 05-08-2008, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I don't plan on going with a cam...but maybe 1.9 rockers eventually. I'll look at a ported gen3 again and see what the price difference would be.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Then yah, ported Gen III is the way to go.. it will be ported to 75mm inlet, so your northstar would still work, and everything else (rockers, etc) would work out quite well. Anyonewill tell you that the only benefit to Gen V's is if you plan on running alot more power, and plan on seeing horsepower at the WHEELS above 320 or so... that is when it pays to UNDERWORK a gen V, versus OVERWORK a Gen III. But if a cam isn't in your future, then a Gen III ported is definitely the way to go =)

correction, meant AT THE WHEELS

Quick Reply: Hey Keegan! GenV ???'s