Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't be scared. I am planning to drive from pa to Michigan on mickey Thompson et streets hahaha

Old 05-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Don't be scared. I am planning to drive from pa to Michigan on mickey Thompson et streets hahaha

Hell son you will need to bring spare tires with you, they will be bald when you get there... Hope you don't hit any heavy rain storms, you best be paying attention then...

I just hate driving on the Drag Radials when I don't need to. Did that before, ended up wearing them down in no time. The track is 60 miles away, don't really need them for other times running around unless it's an actual night out Street Racing. But with the fuel problems (hot fuel) I really never even get it out for that anymore. Hope the new Holley system, CTS-V pump, new fuel tank and all new lines with factory routing that will be a problem I don't need to deal with anymore.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

A few pics of the Monte. She still lingers up at the shop having the Holley EFI system, new fuel system (Lines & the CTS-V fuel pump) Gas tank and such installed. As you can see the Holley systems harness has to be integrated onto the factory wiring harness. The PCM will only run the cars basic requirements. The Holley Engine management will control all else. No more MAF air meter, it will be speed density based.

HOLLEY EFI COMPUTER MOUNTED IN PASSENGER SIDE FOOTWELL.

CAR LANGUISHES DURING HOLLEY EFI INSTALL PHASE

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 08-14-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:02 AM
10 Year Member

Glad to see progress. Really excited to see how the Holley efi works for ya! Did they address the pcv system we talked about? Any estimated date of completion?

Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

You and I both, Matt said it will permit the cars power to be dialed in like never before. He says it will be set up to make a lot of power at low speeds, no more brake boosting at the lights and such. Guess I will see what all this effort was for. Hope it is nothing less than an amazing noticeable difference. Your car has to be so sick off the line and everywhere else. LOL, again, nicely done. I still envy your whole build. Air ride and all. I'm thinking of going coil overs here in the near future, your thoughts?

Did not bring up the PCV plugging as Matt was not there when I stopped in. Needed to go to Salt Lake, so made an unplanned stop to scope out how things were going. Slooowwwwly. God I wish I could even guess a completion date. At this pace I hope to get it back by Halloween, so I can put it into winter storage not long after that... UGH

Your parts out getting coated now? Going to be such a clean look, bah dah da bling!!

Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member

I hope they get it done for you soon man. I have not took parts for coating yet, saving money for it. The shop expunged all my extra cash so trying to recoup so to speak. Plus we are leaving for punta Cana in a week or so,so we need cash for that also lol. Hopefully after vacation I can get it done!

Curious to see how just a new engine management will make the turbo spool better. Keep me posted on that!

Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
I hope they get it done for you soon man. I have not took parts for coating yet, saving money for it. The shop expunged all my extra cash so trying to recoup so to speak. Plus we are leaving for punta Cana in a week or so,so we need cash for that also lol. Hopefully after vacation I can get it done!

Curious to see how just a new engine management will make the turbo spool better. Keep me posted on that!
Nice, hope you both have a super time out on vacation! Should be pretty awesome going out of country, mas tequila amigo!!

Guess it is all about having the abilities to adjust the power band at different areas, adjustable transmission line pressure tweaking and such. You would know more about what he was talking about than I do. He installed this system in a Camaro with great results. He was just out on the lake last week installing one on a boat with 4 superchargers on it. wow...

Time will tell how this all goes, hopefully it will be a pretty trick set up. I want to take it back out east to a event you are attending, so we can marry them up again.

TurboMonte and Zippy02 Monte Carlo SS's at the 2014 GM Nationals

Old 08-15-2017, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member

I would love to meet up again! The builds have changed so much since then! We need updates pics hahaha

Old 12-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Well the project inches along. The Holley system is installed for the most part, yeah! Hopefully it will be completed by the beginning of Feb.

Currently the fuel pump and fuel lines are happening. Utilizing the CTS-V pump (which is actually 2 pumps in 1, cool) took some figuring out. The caddy's pump top end had to be modified so it would bolt into place on the Montes gas tanks OEM location. My previous tank was modified to have the fuel outlet at the lower rear of the tank and the aftermarket Aeromotive and Weldon pumps were either mounted on the frame or submerged in the tank . Yet both continually were overheating. So our solution was to get a new Monte fuel tank and use the OEM pump mounts and a GM performance designed fuel pump. Hopefully there will ne longer be any "hot" fuel issues.

I wanted to redo the fuel lines too while we were this far into the fuel system. We added all new stainless braided PTFE fuel lines since my other aftermarket lines were over 8 years old and subject to their inner line decomposing and potentially plugging the injectors. We are routing the new lines to follow as closely as possible the OEM configuration.

Here are a few pictures of the modded CTS-V pump. Also is a small description of the work performed on the fuel pump modding process.

The fuel line sensor assembly that you took a photo of is: fuel pressure sensor for the Vapor works controller (Holley has a separate pressure sensor up on the fuel rail) and fuel temp sensor for the Holley digital display. I have attached the photos of inside the tank, they are named appropriately as to what they are. The fuel pump has been modded to fit inside the tank: I used a fuel pump top from a 2006 Monte, modified the stock CTS-V siphon pick up to make it close to the pump body, installed Walbro cornering pick-ups to keep the fuel sender full during low fuel level cornering and ran the second CTS-V pump wiring through the side of a stock 06 Monte tank. The fuel pump assembly must be assembled inside the tank, the mod siphon pick has to be installed on the CTS-V pump and zip tied in place while already in the tank. Then the second pump wiring connected. Then the in tank cornering pick up plumbing connected to the siphon pick up tube. Lots of fun!

Attached Thumbnails Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1534.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1533.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1532.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1531.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1530.jpg  

Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1529.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1490.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1491.jpg   Holley EFI Dominator Engine Management going in-dscf1495.jpg