Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Help Quick trying to change battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Default Help Quick trying to change battery

So i got the old one off...Now every time i connect the new battery, The wonderful alarm goes off..I went and read in the owners manual how to dissarm with out a remote (cuz the dealer dident give me one) And to do it with the key...So i quick connect the battery and the run over you the driver side door...And turn the key back and fourth....The sounds change on the alarm...but it does not stop....so then i run and do the passenger side the same thing nothing happends!!!...How the hell do i get this new bat installed!!!!!

oh when i go to disarm will it go off right away?
Juice[&:]

Old 03-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Default RE: Help Quick trying to change battery

Funny, i didn't have any alarm issues....is it an aftermarket alarm?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 AM

i dont think so because the radio will say lock on it and all the lights on the dash and the radio blink

Old 03-01-2008, 11:27 AM

[align=center]Hi `Juice,[/align][align=center]Sounds like your not having a good day : )[/align][align=center]I searched googles2 pin point your prob, but could not[/align][align=center]locate it, but found similar problems with auto alarms[/align][align=center]when changing battery.[/align][align=center]It may be worth a check/read/below link[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Car Alarms: alarm goes off while connecting battery
I am the owner of ALARMTEK AUTO SECURITY and have been on the internet since ... Trying to install my car's battery, but the alarm goes off whenever I try ...
en.allexperts.com/q/Car-Alarms-1513/alarm-connec... - 19k -[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Google
Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRank, caching and translation of results, and an option to find similar pages.
www.google.com/ - 7k -Try Google Search Engine with
your questions/problems///Good Luck `Juice.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Also, you may want to check your Owner's Book to see[/align][align=center]`if there is a fuse for your alarm. You could pull `it[/align][align=center]and see if it shuts off alarm & still starts your Monte.[/align][align=center]I have to run to work, but will research more later, `if[/align][align=center]you don't find a answer.[/align][align=center]Hopefully, one of our expert member's knows a solultion.[/align][align=center]Good Luck, `Space[/align]

Old 03-01-2008, 08:55 PM

Alright i figured it out...I put the key in, and turned it to "ON" the connected the battery!!!! As is well...But now i get a Cal err...on the radio deck...but i will look into that later.

Thanks guys!

Juice

Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 AM

Sorry, missed this while I spent yesterday fishing.

I've never heard of the CAL error. It will be nice to know what this is.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:16 PM

you put the key into the ignition, turned the key to on, than connected your battery?? Doesn't that seem a little dangerous?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 PM

No difference. I have to do this with my truck if I have a dead battery and want to move it. I put it in Neutral, move the car, put it in park and the key won't come out. Need to reconnect the battery and puta charge to it. Then I can turn the key out of the ignition. It's weird.