Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

HD TRANSMISSION

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Default HD TRANSMISSION

Guys I reasearched all previous posts, and i diddnt find a post specifically concerning my question.

1. WHAT is the best site for me to purchase a performance transmission?

I have a 2000 3.8 Monte SS, its past due for a new tranny, Im not racing it or anything im doing this just for more power.

2.What aresome sites for a typical stock tranny, like a reman or somthing?

I've called a local (columbia, SC)Chevy dealer and for aGoodwrench Reman its $2048.25.I also contactedJasper engines and for a reman with 16 additional updates to the orgianl stock its $2044.00. If you know any placeBETTER or CHEAPER, I thank you Monte Community.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Default RE: HD TRANSMISSION

1. WHAT is the best site for me to purchase a performance transmission?
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...&catid=105

Im not racing it or anything im doing this just for more power.
What do you mean you're doing it for more power? You're looking to add more power later- and you want the new trans to handle it?

2.What aresome sites for a typical stock tranny, like a reman or somthing?
If you need it asap- www.moradpartscompany.com

or if you want it cheaper:

www.clubgp.com/forum go to the classified section, and wait a couple months. Just wait for one with lower mileage to come through.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Default RE: HD TRANSMISSION

I'm selling my Zzp hardened tranny. 1500 bucks. 3.29 gears, 2500 stall tc, case of dex, brand new 4340 input, and new pump shaft. Also has the upgraded chain. 1500!!! I live in Pa

Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...&catid=105

What do you mean you're doing it for more power? You're looking to add more power later- and you want the new trans to handle it?

If you need it asap- www.moradpartscompany.com

or if you want it cheaper:

www.clubgp.com/forum go to the classified section, and wait a couple months. Just wait for one with lower mileage to come through.
Im only doing this for more power so I can carry my rims properly. I doubt Ill go very far with the mods. After the tranny, Ill be moding the engine a little. Hope I answered your question.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 AM

Also any advice on what parts specifically the guys can put inside my transmission once they take it apart would be nice. I know about some part called the beast and thats it. The guys im going to (AAmco Transmission) arent very knowledgeable about modding a tranny or adding performance parts.

Thanks Guys.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You have to find local guys, not big chains like AAmco

Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 PM

so it sounds like you want to get a tranny from somewhere, then take it to a shop to get rebuilt/beefed up a little??? in that case, i would call up a few junkyards and ask them what they got for used ones. otherwise do a local search on ebay or craigslist.

also, talk to your tranny rebuilder and see what his rates are. maybe you could get a junk tranny and have them rebuild it with the performance parts you want.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

STAY AWAY FROM AAMCO! You're most likely to got you're tranny back working WITHOUT being rebuilt! The biggest thing is to get a hardened hub, and all aftermaket parts. Stay away from factory parts, and find an independent rebuilder that's been around for 40 years, family owned. Shouldn't cost over $1,400 including all labor. If you're running big heavy wheels, consider doing an HD axle swap, also. Look for an HD tranny, a 4T65E-HD. You probably have a 4T60E.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
STAY AWAY FROM AAMCO! You're most likely to got you're tranny back working WITHOUT being rebuilt! The biggest thing is to get a hardened hub, and all aftermaket parts. Stay away from factory parts, and find an independent rebuilder that's been around for 40 years, family owned. Shouldn't cost over $1,400 including all labor. If you're running big heavy wheels, consider doing an HD axle swap, also. Look for an HD tranny, a 4T65E-HD. You probably have a 4T60E.
Wow, thats crazy man. U got me re thinking everything now. Ok hardened hub you say, check. Aftermarket parts I knew were my best bet. Ill be looking for a family owned shop. And what shouldnt cost over $1,400 a rebuilt transmission or a HD tramission? (btw its slipping a little too) And its interesting if you say that about big wheels, that is the reason Im doing the mods to the tranny in the first place.