Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Flo Blade

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Default Flo Blade

Has anyone heard of the Floblade? Saw on ebay promising to increase fuel effeceincy by 33% and increase HP.

Can it be true?

Old 03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Flo Blade

[align=center]I think it's to Good 2 be True[/align][align=center]I would do research on Consumer Reports SitesB-4 I would invest my Money[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Read below information to Improve fuel economy[/align]10 Fuel Saving Tips You Can Do Now
Pat Goss

There are lots of ways to improve fuel economy and lots of ways to waste money trying to improve fuel economy. Not the least of which are miracle fuel improvers. They don't work, don't waste your money. Now you may have a diesel engine and you may be tempted to run that diesel engine on vegetable oil. Well don't do it; it will work for awhile but it could cause internal engine damage from deposits over the long haul. And remember if you live where it gets chilly in the morning, that vegetable oil could look very much like lard on a cold morning, and the engine isn't going to run.
Something else to be concerned with, most parts of the country have new fuel, it's called E10. It's 10 percent ethanol, 90 percent gasoline. Now ethanol is a renewable resource and it cleans up tail-pipe emissions but it lowers fuel economy. And don't confuse it with E85 which is 85 percent ethanol and must only be used in cars that are flex-fuel capable.
Now some of the practical things: Tire pressure; check it regularly; set the tires to the specification inside the door of your car. Clean fuel filter, good spark plugs. And there are some sensors that can dramatically reduce fuel economy. These are: inlet air temperature sensor; oxygen sensor; mass airflow sensor and no, don't look for codes because they can be out of spec and reduce fuel economy without setting codes. Dirty anti-freeze will do it as will a bad coolant temperature sensor or a bad thermostat that makes the car run too cool or makes the computer think the car is running cooler than it should.
Air filters should be replaced when they look like this. And this sucker is going to cost you 10 to 12 miles to the gallon, never let your air filter get that bad. Heavy oil, a lot of you seem to think that that's better for an engine, well it isn't. The only thing thicker than recommended oil is harder to push through the engine. That requires power and that reduces fuel economy. The battery if it's not in good condition. That will cause the alternator to charge all the time, trying to charge the battery. That consumes power and that reduces mileage.
And last but not least, all that junk in the trunk. Get rid of it because you are paying for every mile that you haul it around.

[hr]

If you have a question or comment, write to me. Don't write to Space
He doesn't know anything
The address is MotorWeek, Owings Mills, MD, 21117.
[align=center]Members, please post your comments & tips[/align]

Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

its the same thing as the tornado just from the sound of it...the tornado works...but not 33%...

but contrary to what everyone says ... the tornado does work....but definetely not 33%

Old 03-23-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

its the same thing as the tornado just from the sound of it...the tornado works...but not 33%...

but contrary to what everyone says ... the tornado does work....but definetely not 33%
[sm=bicker.gif]
Please read article's below
Plenty of companies claim if you just buy their products you'll save on gas. But do they
work?(ABC News)
But Consumer Reports disagrees. At its test track in Connecticut, it did road tests and found the Tornado didn't save gas.
"During those tests, we splice a fuel meter into the line, run them through very strict tests, so we really get to know whether these things work or they don't," says David Champion, director of automobile testing.
"We tested it on two cars, [it] made no difference at all."
[:-]Click Link below[:-]
[hr]

Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM

[align=center]Buyer BeWare - Do your HomeWork [/align][align=center][:-]And then there's more [/align][align=center][/align]The super fuel-saving gadget
· By: Drivers.com staff
· Date: 2007-02-04

Comments (5) Join conversation
[/align][hr]

If a gadget can reduce fuel costs by 20% why wouldn't it be on every car? The advertisers of such products might tell you it's a conspiracy between oil companies and automanufacturers and you might say - "What the heck. It doesn't cost much and it's worth a try."
But there's a better way. Check it out on the Internet.
TV "Infomercials" can be a powerful tool to sell just about anything and the format - looks like a mainstream news or documentary, sometimes with well-known celebrities helping the sales pitch - can be very convincing.
However, as a recent MSNBC Dateline investigative report revealed, things are not always as they seem on infomercials. Dateline reporters invented a product (a fictitious skin moisturizer) and then went looking for producers for an infomercial. They found one who offered to fix them up with a white-coated doctor to support the product and testimonials from people who would say they tried it.
For a $5,000 fee the doctor, who later claimed she was tricked by NBC's deception, agreed to endorse the product.
The antidote to these super sales pitches can be found on sites such as InformercialRatings.com or ConsumerReports.org.
For example Infomercialratings.com offers consumer ratings on the Tornado fuel saving device and Consumerreports.org offers test results on three devices - the Fuel Genie, the Tornado, and the Platinum Gas Saver. [align=center][:-]Click below link [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.drivers.com/article/914/[/align][align=center][/align]

[hr]

[align=center]Below is what I'm going 2 do if the price of Gas goes over $3 a gal[/align][align=center][:-]Click on Image [/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/BBF51A41608E43EDA86797622FC90806.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i saw it on t.v. where they proved they didn't work...but i had one in my truck and my milage went up and my horse power felt like it went up too ....

i dont know..it could have been in my head...but it seemed to work...

but yah its just a money grab...are they worth what they ask? probably not...these companies are just taking advantage of the high price of gas right now and trying to push these things off

Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 AM

The biggest boost I've ever heard of from a tv-advertised product is K&N. Look at any semi-mechanical person out there and the majority of them are running aK&N! Wether it's a drop-in, FIPK, CAI, whatever, 90% of people report better mileage and power.

I've seen plenty of 'magic' boosters out there, from oil, oil additives, intake turbulators, fuel additives, gas-line magnets, etc etc etc. The place I work for even sells a fuel 'catalyst' that is supposed to improve power and mileage (allthough they don't claim much, like 1-2 points of hp or mpg) and help prevent stale-gas problems..... yeah right!

I mean if you've gotmoney to burn, why not try it out. But seriously, I'd rather use the 27$ (you know, 19.99 plus S&H) to fill up my tank!

Old 03-29-2007, 12:14 AM

The tornado does work in certain vehicles and makes things worse in others. I haven't done a scientific look at it, but I believe the guys on Dateline did their test right... the only problem is they did it with only 2 vehicles. Hardly any emperical evidence.

Lets look at it quickly... it elegedly causes turbulance in the air flow to help atomize the gas better. Personally it's a load of $hit in my book but hey what the heck.

Now what it also does is puts another restriction in the air flow. If you blow in a pinwheel... hmm better yet, an engine actually sucks air in so lets turn that around. Lets say you had a straw, a big straw like 3 inches in diameter and sucked air in... wouldn't be to difficult. Now put a pinwheel in there.... it gets just a bit harder, not much, but I would bet 2-5 percent harder because you have blocked some of the passage.

Now what I'd put a decent hypothis on for the tornado actually working, I would say it would be actually neutralizing turbulance on the inside of the intake. Most intakes don't have a staight, smooth pipe to them. They normally have these flexiblebig ridges to make it easier to bend them when moving stuff around. Now when air passes over them, it is becoming more turbulant and is slowing the airflow down a bit. I think what is going on is the tornado is actually causing a turbulance that cancels out this turbulant effect with cross pulses. This would serious not be done intentionally by the tornado manufacturer, just an accidental side effect that has nothing to do with impoved atomization.

Personally I wouldn't and don't use it.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:22 AM

Oh and for K&N, the reason they are better is because the remove some of the purpose they are designed for in the first place. The stock air filter is designed to only allow very small particle of air in the engine with no debris. The K&N has larger openings so there is a chance of larger foreign objects getting in the engine... this would be on the lines of the smallest particles of dust though where the stock doesn't allow any dust in.

I don't know what the exact numbers are, but lets say that the stock air filter allow particles .0005" in size through,the K&N would allow particles as large as .0008 through where at that size it could cause additional wear on the engine. These aren't accurate numbers, but you're all smart enough to knowyou don't want big particles like sand in your engine.

I wouldn't and don't worry about it that much at that level of size though. I use a 9" K&N in my CAI.