Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Finally Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Looks good. I've heard of the kit, just never known anyone that has actually used it.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
I didn't realize ZZP sold a supercharger kit. How much did this entire set-up cost? It looks amazing!
I have around $2200 into everything that I installed this weekend. Including the polished blower, zzps kit, all new gaskets, polished valve covers, hvtb, misc. bolts and tools.

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Looks good. I've heard of the kit, just never known anyone that has actually used it.
Thanks! I like it so far LOL. I've only put about 10 miles on everything so I don't want to judge it too soon lol.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 07-22-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's a web page on my site talking about the wire guide issue I had with the switch to the aluminum F-bod valve covers:
'04 Monte Carlo SS - Multiple Mod Install

I had some spare 3100 parts laying around. I found by making a TINY change to a 3100 wire holder, I could use it to keep my front wires looking "tidy". I used the dremel to grind part of it off, scuffed it, painted it and then held it in place with a valve cover bolt. Worked GREAT!
I used one other 3 wire holder near the coils. I did not like how the wires were resting on the oil dipstick tube (I felt that would eventually damage the sheathing). My original fix was plastic wire loom, but that started to melt. But my current fix is working GREAT! I had some left over I think rubber fuel line. I cut it into three pieces 2-3" in length, sliced it open with a razor blade and wrapped that around the wires in that area. They now rest on NO hot metal and the rubber hose is working 100% fine!
Not sure if any of this helps you with your project, but I had to share what I did.

Attached Thumbnails Finally Supercharged-sml_4080.jpg   Finally Supercharged-sml_4109.jpg  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:50 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Here's a web page on my site talking about the wire guide issue I had with the switch to the aluminum F-bod valve covers:
'04 Monte Carlo SS - Multiple Mod Install

I had some spare 3100 parts laying around. I found by making a TINY change to a 3100 wire holder, I could use it to keep my front wires looking "tidy". I used the dremel to grind part of it off, scuffed it, painted it and then held it in place with a valve cover bolt. Worked GREAT!
I used one other 3 wire holder near the coils. I did not like how the wires were resting on the oil dipstick tube (I felt that would eventually damage the sheathing). My original fix was plastic wire loom, but that started to melt. But my current fix is working GREAT! I had some left over I think rubber fuel line. I cut it into three pieces 2-3" in length, sliced it open with a razor blade and wrapped that around the wires in that area. They now rest on NO hot metal and the rubber hose is working 100% fine!
Not sure if any of this helps you with your project, but I had to share what I did.

Thanks for all of the info. I'm going to try and make something to route them properly

Here are some pics I took tonight.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Needs a belt and a polished TB

Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 AM

I can't stress enough how awesome of a job you did man it looks amazing. And thanks man I like the compliments when I get them, as an owner it feels great but at the same time I'm almost never satisfied I always think of more I wanna do or add to it lol and then it just becomes the issue of money.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Needs a belt and a polished TB
I thought about polishing that TB while I had it off LOL. May still do that. I need a polished alternator too! And yes a belt haha. I've got one now

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I can't stress enough how awesome of a job you did man it looks amazing. And thanks man I like the compliments when I get them, as an owner it feels great but at the same time I'm almost never satisfied I always think of more I wanna do or add to it lol and then it just becomes the issue of money.
Thanks! This will be the last mod I do for a while haha. Saved up for the last 6 months to make it happen so now I'm back to saving up for something big.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
so now I'm back to saving up for something big.
a better trans for when you get carried away with the power?? lol jk man
it looks outstanding!!
wish i could get that under my hood
def. needs a polished TB

Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Droooool!!! Fantastic Justin!! That looks like way too much fun. Nice work

Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012