Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

electric turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 PM

i did the full top swap... better option IMO as it allows you to check all the gaskets to make sure you dont have any leaks and such... I found my LIM gasket shot, and both head gaskets leaking. Went with the GM metal gasket set, and so far everything looks clean.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 PM

just write down his list of mods and do those!!! he obviously has on bad *SS !!! 2003supersport- have you ran yours at the track?? times??

Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 AM

a lot of people would say doing the top swap is cheaper, and as far as parts are concerned it is most definately.
But it wont be cheaper if your planning on having someone else install it.
thats really the bottom line i think.
Couldn't say it better myself.

An L67 top swap is far cheaper parts wise- you can get almost all the parts for the swap for the price of the fuel logs alone from the SS M90 kit. But if you plan to pay someone else to install it, you're gonna get killed on the top swap because you're basically doing a head gasket change + the balancer, so its not a cheap labor job.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

just write down his list of mods and do those!!! he obviously has on bad *SS !!! 2003supersport- have you ran yours at the track?? times??
Thanks! havent ran mine at the track yet, but hope to soon. dynotune first - hopefully next week or so, then work on a track date.
i had a general mod plan. I told myself that as much as i wanted the extra power gains right now, i'd do all the supporting mods for an m90 kit first, then get the m90. that way i'll slowly feel my car get more powerful.....and then have sooo much more gains after the install of the m90 than that of a typical kit with a stock engine. and this way, i havent got bored of modding the car yet. if you do all the fun stuff first, you'll get tired of it.

better option IMO as it allows you to check all the gaskets to make sure you dont have any leaks and such... I found my LIM gasket shot, and both head gaskets leaking. Went with the GM metal gasket set, and so far everything looks clean.
thats a good way to do it especially if you have a higher mileage engine....that was my deciding factor. well, that and the cost of labor. My monte just clicked over 60,000 about a week ago....so i wasnt worried too much about the gaskets but the m90 kit does include a new LIM gasket. everything that you take off has a new gasket included in the kit, even a new TB gasket.

When it came down to it, Bumpin96 is right.....price per hp its the best mod, and for me, a top swap would've came out to be about the same price (with labor) as the kit really, except the kit was able to be installed in less than a day and its my daily....so it worked better.