Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

delete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Default delete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are all the parts you would say to get rid of in a n/a monte such as u-bend and res.? thanks

Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: delete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 3.8 N/A. Just kidding! Add a turbo kit to it and enjoy it!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 PM

lol got 5k? i should start up a sponsership for my monte and put mcf stickers on it in exchange for turbo money

Old 10-16-2008, 07:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you got what you say in your signature, then it sounds like you are pretty well set for a N/A car.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:51 PM

If you got what you say in your signature, then it sounds like you are pretty well set for a N/A car.
Exactly-you could do some rockers next, thats a pretty good bang forthe buck- then maybe an HV3 (I'm not a huge fan, butits up to you); after thatitsjust a lot of tiny stuff that doesn't add much power- underdrive pullies, etc. You could do headers, but they're pricey and the s&s's are the only ones I'd reccomend for a basic bolt on NA vehicle, the rest are too large.

You're starting to runout of basic bolt ons, and you need to consider your long term goals. If you stick NA- its gonna be heads/cam, otherwise you're gonna have to look into a turbo, a top swap (supercharger), or bottle.

Personally, I'd do an L67 top swap- you should be able to pull it off easily for $1k, and then you open up a whole realm of mods. Just depends on if you have the skill or not.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:03 PM

how would i be able to pull off a top swap for a grand? has anyone done it yet and how hard is it/ how much time will my monte be down? what kind of power am i looking at?

Old 10-18-2008, 04:11 PM

how would i be able to pull off a top swap for a grand?
http://www.wbodystore.com/grandprix/...kit-p-157.html

Thats $1300 with a company sourcing all the parts for you. I've seen people pull this off under $750 (gaskets/fluids included)getting the stuff on their own. Honestly the big money parts are the heads and supercharger, and neither of them are particularly expensive- most of the other stuff are parts that people sometimes practically give away. Go to www.clubgp.com/forum down to the classifieds, and get all the parts you need.

has anyone done it yet and how hard is it/ how much time will my monte be down? what kind of power am i looking at?
Many many people have done this, go to mymonte or clubgp and search around for top swap, its very common. I will admit that its not the easiest thing- its all bolt on parts, but go look at your engine and imagine stripping it down to practically a bare short block (heads come off, balancer comes off- so its pretty much a bare shorty w/ a front cover). If you have pretty good mechanical skills- I see no reason why you couldn't pull this off in a weekend- all the stuff physically bolts right on. I've seen in done in much shorter times- but thats by people who have done numerous top swaps.

What its really gonna depend on is how much skill you have. If your mechanical ability ends at doing oil changes and tire rotations, you should pick something easier.

As for power, the stock L67 makes about 240 crank hp, 200 whp and 280 lb ft (I think?). You have higher compression, so you should make a pinch more than that- but it depends how much KR you're looking at when you get done. You do have a handful of mods that will help with that though.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:24 AM

thanks for the links and i guess that means i can get those thoughts of just quiting on the monte out of my head with my mods and the top swap what else will i need to take out a gt stang (05 and newer)?