Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Chroming out the engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 05:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Chroming out the engine

I Know I could chrome my intake box or braces, But I really want a chrome radiator cap, chrome oil cap but I really want a billet or chrome dip stick, anybody Know where I can find these accessories at for the previous gen monte or for our newer gen montes?

Please post links to web sites

Old 04-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Arrow Parts ?

Hi `Patrick,
You sure are dedicated to mak'in your Monte
the Best of the Best.
Below are a few links to check `out.
Good Luck, and keep us updated on what you do
to your Award Winning Monte Carlo.

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Accessories & Performance Parts

Slickcar.com is your one stop shop for Auto Accessories, Truck Accessories, Chevrolet Monte Carlo Accessories and Perfomance Parts. We offer the highest quality car performance parts along with a wide selection of Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Car Lights, Electronics, Keyless Entry Alarms, Remote Starters and more. Our secure and safe ordering system insures that you will receive your product one time and without event. We keep 99 percent of our stock in house to avoid any delays is shipping your Chevrolet Monte Carlo Accessories. Reliability and service is what we strive for in the Auto Accessory industry and it allows us to take care of our customers whether they are purchasing a Light Bulb, or a Chevrolet Monte Carlo Body Kit. We appreciate your business and feedback.

http://www.slickcar.com/accessories/...ccessories.asp
Click above link

www.autopartswarehouse.com/models/chevy~monte_ca... - 271k - Similar pages

Last edited by Space; 04-11-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i got my polished oil cap to match my polished valve covers at autozone....$5.50. matches perfect. dipstick would be a little harder for 6th gen montes, but there is an alternative. i did actually pick up a billet dipstick top at kragen about 2 months ago, never put it on. it was made by spectre. basically you saw off the yellow top, slide on a holder, and put the billet handle on the holder. Presto, Billet dipstick top. think i picked it up for $10.

you can also try andysautosport.com

few things on there for ya.

Last edited by 2003supersport; 04-13-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Cool 2003, I think I will try that taking the handle off and putting a billet handle on, never thought of that, great tip!

Did you use anything speacial after sawing it off to keep it together, like using glue or somthing to keep the top on to the dip stick part or does it just slide right. Post some instructions here on how to do it please,

Big thankx

Old 04-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

well i havent put it on yet, dont have a hacksaw to cut the tip off. maybe i'll go get one this week and see how it goes. looks really simple though, a simple cut, slide on a rubber grip, then put the handle on the rubber tip. probably will use some glue though, just to be sure it doesnt come off when i pull it out one day. that would suck having the dipstick inside the dipstick tube and having the handle in my hand haha.