Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

bad pcm??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Exclamation bad pcm??

ok I have a 2000 Monte Carlo 3.4 I was giving a buddy of mine a jump I hooked up his battery then when I went to hook up mine the positive from the battery touched on my supports causing sparks to fly. My car instantly died. I started it up again and it idled fine for about 10 minutes. I didn't notice anything was wrong until I got in the car and my battery light was on when I went to pull off my car died. After multiple attempts I finally got it to start but all lights were dim. I tried to drive it home but after about a block or two it started to jerk and died. I could get it back started but if I turned the wheel either way it would die my cluster didn't work and my lights would flicker. So I got it towed home. When I got it off the tow truck it started up and ran fine I drove it around the block a couple times then when I went and parked it it died when I turned on the heat blower or pushed the brakes.and wouldn't start back up. I checked and replaced all the blown fuses and changed the relays. Still not starting and if it does it dies after brakes are applied and lights still flickering. So the next thought was that it was my pcm. So I went to the junkyard and found one with the same service number besides the last couple letters. I went to NAPA and got the PCM flashed to my VIN and it wouldn't crank. My interior lights wouldn't even turn on. If I put my old pcm in it will crank but not start.HELP PLEASE???!!

Last edited by getmoney2957; 01-23-2012 at 06:53 PM.