Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

B&m star shifter

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:49 AM
Default B&m star shifter

Is there a way I can use the b&m starshifter anx ve able to use all the gears on a 700r4 ? I know it's for a 3 speed but is there way ? Please and thanks in advance

Old 05-15-2019, 02:17 AM
Default B&m star shifter

Can any knw help I got few questions or need opinions. Thanks

Old 05-15-2019, 07:21 AM

Doubt anyone here has any experience with this.. Most of the regulars here have newer cars but what you can do is "bump" your original post every couple days or so and maybe one of the members with a 4th gen might have a comment or two on the subject.

The forums here just arent that active anymore and I would assume the people with the 4th and lower gens are off on the hotrod forums.. Good luck tho, sorry.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 PM

What is the question ?

Old 05-28-2019, 09:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Instead of making multiple threads with the same question in this section, which is more for new member introductions which you have yet to do, try asking this question in the appropriate section > 'engine, transmission, performance adders'.

And a word of advice > if you don't make an effort to be a part of our online community, don't expect any of us to make an effort to help you or anyone else with a question or problem. This goes for everyone because it seems to be the new trend with 99% of new members. We're not here to help anyone who stumbles in unannounced with a problem. We're a community of people with similar interests who wants to get to know each other and share our cars, projects and problems. At least introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your car and THEN ask your question.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 05-28-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
And a word of advice > if you don't make an effort to be a part of our online community, don't expect any of us to make an effort to help you or anyone else with a question or problem. This goes for everyone because it seems to be the new trend with 99% of new members. We're not here to help anyone who stumbles in unannounced with a problem. We're a community of people with similar interests who wants to get to know each other and share our cars, projects and problems. At least introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your car and THEN ask your question.
Honestly your heart is in the right place, but I disagree with this approach. Few reasons:
1. The number of active forum members on here is extremely low. The more participants and the more conversation, the better IMO. Even if it's just a random person jumping in here or there.
2. The 'competition' for this forum are the Facebook pages. On there, people do exactly what the OP did here. If we make it too much of a chore for people to ask questions, itll drive more people to the FB groups and perpetuate #1.
3. I'm not honestly sure how many people care about reading a person's intro thread before helping them out. Personally, I don't have much free time to browse forums anymore, so when I do, I just hit the few tech sub forums to see if there are any interesting topics, and then I move on. I almost never go into the new member section to read or reply.

Just my .02