Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Anyone in South Florida want a FREE TUNE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

so how long or until when are they doin this?
might head down there tomorrow or thursday

Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Join the Wot-Tech forum, PM the guy who posted it and see if they are still doing it before you drive.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:50 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Join the Wot-Tech forum, PM the guy who posted it and see if they are still doing it before you drive.
thanks chibi
im emailing him now, he said he needs to keep the car for at least a day so i need to stay a night over there, i might go down this weekend or next.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM

15 Year Member

Keep it for a day??? I just assumed you guys would go for a drive together while he had the tuner plugged into the OBD-II port.

That's how we did my tune. Took a good 2 hours, shutting off the car a few times to reflash the PCM and then monitor more trims. Rinse. Repeat.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Keep it for a day??? I just assumed you guys would go for a drive together while he had the tuner plugged into the OBD-II port.

That's how we did my tune. Took a good 2 hours, shutting off the car a few times to reflash the PCM and then monitor more trims. Rinse. Repeat.
this is what he told me

Would you be able to drop the car for a day or 2 sometime? I need more than an hour or 2. Also, I need a stock to near stock car that has no running problems and regular maintenance done, such as fuel filter, wires, plugs, O2 sensor, etc. I haven't tuned a 3800 before, so I will need as much time as possible with the car. i hope to do more than just performance tuning, which takes a lot more time. My goal is to collect enough data to offer baseline tunes through mail order that are the best possible tune I can offer. If you came for a day, I could get some stuff done but it wouldn't be a finished product.
i asked him how long he's doin this for and he replied: Until I get enough cars to do a proper job. Forever at this rate

Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 PM

15 Year Member

OOOO I see. He's fully making tables for the cars so he can offer the mail order tunes. If you can swing it, it's worth it lol. Plus you'll be helping out the community if his tunes are good

But if you have to pay for a hotel and have nothing to do, IDK if you should lol.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 PM

You better get on the Highway ASAP !

Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

OOOO I see. He's fully making tables for the cars so he can offer the mail order tunes. If you can swing it, it's worth it lol. Plus you'll be helping out the community if his tunes are good

But if you have to pay for a hotel and have nothing to do, IDK if you should lol.
yea and he said 1 or 2 days!
thats already more than $100 on hotels and then gas would be around $70 to and back, then food! lol
and i then i have to take the GF! lol

i think im goin to pass on this one
i'd rather put that money towards new tires, which is way more important and i need new ones soon

Old 07-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It might be worth determining how long you are willing to hang out with the car and have him tune it. And say "hey, I'm coming from a significant distance and can't come out, drop off the car and wait 1-2 days to have it back. If I come out and can let you spend 3 hours with it, would you be able to do enough in that time table?".

Heck, even if you are local, 1-2 days is a LONG time to be tinkering with tuning someone's car.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:22 AM

Option two.... doesn't help out this guy learning to tune.... But

PM me and if you want tuning i have plenty of experience tuning. i personally would not risk getting a "free" tune from someone who is learning.... all cars are so different that an experienced tuner would know data from a few people down here in Florida would be useless to guess at someone elses car in another part of the country. a custom tune will always be better then mail order as without a true base to start from you are working blind.

its like having a bowl of crayons and told to color in the dinosaur but the lights are out! you know what you want it to look like but don't know where the lines are and what color you have in your hand.

the only PCMs i will do mail order are 96/97 DOHC as i have done a bunch of these and have a friend in colder climate who has given me data. i have also examined countless DOHC's at the junk yard and found that they all run lean. add to that my custom spark table that i built over many years of testing on different cars and i have a very good canned PCM for these cars. but the 3800's very way too much.

Im in daytona so deff shorter drive anyway