Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Anyone ever try Lubeguard trans additive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Question Anyone ever try Lubeguard trans additive?

Just wonderin if any of you out there have tryed this trans additive and your opinions? And also which one would i use on a 2000 SS,?they are showing about 3 different ones,platinum,regular red bottle,ect ect. Thanks

Last edited by Space; 09-19-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add question mark icon
Old 09-19-2013, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by sabre67
Just wonderin if any of you out there have tryed this trans additive and your opinions? And also which one would i use on a 2000 SS,?they are showing about 3 different ones,platinum,regular red bottle,ect ect. Thanks

Hi Sabre67 (no name in your MCF Profile)
I've never used it, but below is a vid that may help member's learn about it. If any member has used this product, please post your review > Thank You!

Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM

Lubegard 60902 Automatic Transmission Fluid Protectant

by Lubegard

4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)
<hr size="1" id="product-title-divider" style="font: small/normal verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; margin: 3px 0px; height: 1px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204) !important; border-top-width: 1px !important; border-top-style: solid !important; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; white-space: normal; background-color: white; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" noshade="noshade"><table style="text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;"><table class="product" style="padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: small; border-collapse: collapse;"><tbody><tr><td class="priceBlockLabel" style="text-align: right; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-right: 3px; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap;">List Price:</td><td style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;">$10.99</td></tr><tr id="actualPriceRow"><td class="priceBlockLabelPrice" id="actualPriceLabel" style="text-align: right; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-top: 0.5em; padding-right: 3px; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; vertical-align: top; white-space: nowrap;">Price:</td><td id="actualPriceContent" style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;">$8.31 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details</td></tr><tr class="youSavePriceRow" id="youSaveRow"><td class="priceBlockLabel" id="youSaveLabel" style="text-align: right; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-right: 3px; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; vertical-align: middle; white-space: nowrap;">You Save:</td><td class="price" id="youSaveContent" style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;">$2.68 (24%)</td></tr><tr style="height: 0px; line-height: 0px;"><td style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; visibility: hidden;"></td><td style="font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small; visibility: hidden;"></td></tr></tbody></table>
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it tomorrow, Sept. 20? Order within 5 hrs 5 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
Details

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="bucket normal" style="padding: 0px; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: small;">
  • Uses LXE technology
  • Reduces transmission operating temperatures up to 40 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Reduces wear throughout the transmission and optimizes total transmission performance
  • Eliminates noises like clutch chatter and torque converter shudder
  • Extends fluid and transmission life and will not affect or void your vehicle's warranty
See more product detail See more product detail
</td></tr></tbody></table>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have been doing some research on the Seafoam product called Trans Tune. It is around $14 bucks. It reads well on the internet (and yes I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet lol) but it apparently cleans all the sludge out of the tranny and lubricates everything.
They say you put 8 oz in and then drive for approx 20 - 30 mins and then perform a fluid and filter change. Although I think a thorough tranny flush may be the best approach with hooking her up to a machine and having a good deep cleaning done, as when the product does loosen up all the crud and sludge, I'm not 100% certain if it would all get out of the tranny with just the fluid and filter change.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

With our transmissions, sometimes you want that crud that is built up because once you clean it, you can find that they were actually holding things together

If you are having transmission issues, you can do a pan drop, filter change, and put Dex6 in, but other than that, i don't really recommend a full flush or additives.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Thanks Admin `Mike for your post, words on this subject. I've never used any of these products & I hope that member's that have post their reviews.

Below is a vid on Ken's Sea foam product

Old 09-28-2013, 07:08 AM

I was always told by mechanics that unless u are doing it routinely then don't flush it at all because just like admin mike said that sludge and gunk is holding things together and with a full flush you lose your "friction material" in the transmission and it could actually lessen the life of your transmission by causing metal on metal friction (if ur clutchs are worn out) I'm not 100 percent how many miles routinely is but I'll look into it and repost hope this info is helpful.