Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

2007 Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 AM

No Supercharger Option on 06 and 07 SS; last one was 05 with 3800 v6...

Old 12-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really like my car now that I've done all my work to it. However... There is another turbo kit available. Squire Turbo Systems is able to do a turbo on ANYTHING and they will help design the kit according to your budget needs. I LOVE the CARTUNING.CA system, but I know it can be a little on the pricey side. Because the LS4 shares the same basic architecture as the LS6 (I have the same heads as the 6.0 GTO) a supercharger is possible. The only real problem you would encounter with the supercharger setup is the hood clearance and the tuning. The 4T65E-HD transmission is definitely the weak link in these cars. Either of these options should be thought about in depth because none of the options are a quick bolt-on deal. Good luck and congratulations on getting a great car!

Last edited by MillerMonteSS; 12-05-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: is to are...
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM

theres another company that did a group buy recently on tech for a turbo setup on the ls4. they had a link on facebook and everything. good numbers and a little better price. i think the problem with the blower would be the belt set up since the ls4 runs a different pulley set up.i dont think hood clearance would be that huge of a problem.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:56 AM

So I am looking for a little more info on the turbo. Excuse my ignorance but does the intercooler mount in front of the radiator? Also, if this has water meth injection, where does the tank mount and how often does one have to fill?

Thanks for the info

Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 PM

Excuse my ignorance but does the intercooler mount in front of the radiator?
Yes- you certainly wouldn't want air heated by the radiator going through your intercooler- that would greatly decrease its efficiency. Plus, there is really no where to mount it behind the radiator.

Also, if this has water meth injection, where does the tank mount and how often does one have to fill?
No new tank to mount- you just use your windshield washer fluid. How often you have to fill it depends on how often you floor it, and how much you clean you windshield. Windshield washer fluid is stupid cheap anyways- so it wouldn't really matter that much.

If you have any other questions about the install- they do have the entire install instruction guide posted on the web site, literally with step by step directions:

http://www.cartuning.ca/products/wbo...stallation.pdf

Granted, I believe that's on a GP GXP, but its 99.9% the same procedure.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
nope, 2007 SS 5.3 DOD only, and not supercharged!
When I brought my 06 SS new; I did not see a supercharge option either (or I would have gotten that option)

Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 AM

So one last question. The site does not clearly state that this will fit/work on an 07 though decription eludes that it will. Does anyone know if it will?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:20 PM

It is the same car, and the same engine. Your install may be a little different when it comes to mounting the IC and stuff, but the rest would be identical. If you want to verify 100% for sure, then you would be best to call or email them directly since they make the kit:

If you are looking to purchase a product, please contact the dealer of your choice. If you have questions about kit compatability with your vehicle, or any other questions which will help you with your purchase decision please contact sales@cartuning.ca
Please be patient and wait one to two business days for a reply by e-mail, otherwise call (888) POWRFUL.
Local customers please call (416) 863-TUNE.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:23 AM

i thought 07 has a different ecm in it. diablo doesnt support the 07s ecm. the only difference would be tuning. ive never looked at there stuff, but im hoping the kit would come with a tuned ecm.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:45 PM

i thought 07 has a different ecm in it. diablo doesnt support the 07s ecm. the only difference would be tuning. ive never looked at there stuff, but im hoping the kit would come with a tuned ecm.
HPTuners does support it though.

Also, the kit specifically lists this in 'whats included':
Custom Reprogrammed PCM and TCM adjusts for fuel/timing/shifting/etc

Quick Reply: 2007 Monte Carlo SS