Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

2004 3.4L overheating

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Default 2004 3.4L overheating

thanks in advance,

Im not sure if the problem is easy to diagnose.
things that have been replaced, or are not working

Water Pump about 7 months ago

Did a slight flush them

replaced harmonic balancer around the same time

replaced belt

ac not working at all, nor heater, vent etc. Bought a ac resistor that goes near the in dash motor, but i cannot fit under there very well.

been running hotter and hotter, then finally overheating. noticed sludgy rusty crud in the cooling system, tried flushing it twice and while a lot came out the inside of rad is still coated with this crud. used a in hose flush kit and the bottle of system flush

finally was able to replace the tstat after fighting with that crap layout. I put it all back together, filled it with coolant and something like water wetter. warmed it up and drove for about 10 minutes, it idled for about 20 minutes before i drove it and it was near the red, but below it 2 notches. sat at the red once i got to gas station and went red on the way back the mile drive to the house, with the high coolant warning lit in the dash.

while it was idling i did open the bleeder valves a few times. and let them bleed until just steam was coming out.

So do i still have air trapped in the system or is something else possibly bad, the fan turns on once its pretty warm.

hoping someone has an idea, as i cannot stand this car anymore. anything to fix is just a total sob on this thing.