Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Will be making a Trunk Liner/Mat soon ;)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jester_20
They're actually in my album's on here. Here's a couple pictures, The SS is imbedded in the fabric and outlined with deep royal blue embroidery floss. For whatever reason, it's really hard to get a good picture that shows the outlining, but in person it looks pretty badass.

the last picture is before the outlining so it's not as noticeable
that does look pretty badass the floss kinda looks like theres a blue light going through the edges lol

Old 12-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it's kind of funny you say that, because the original idea was to use EL (electroluminescent) wire. But it was gonna get really expensive, i really didn't want to tap into my trunk light, and it was a neon blue, and it would have looked like crap having not been the same color as my car. It honestly turned out better than i thought it would.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:08 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

it's kind of funny you say that, because the original idea was to use EL (electroluminescent) wire. But it was gonna get really expensive, i really didn't want to tap into my trunk light, and it was a neon blue, and it would have looked like crap having not been the same color as my car. It honestly turned out better than i thought it would.
lol yea thats true i like it the way it is

Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 PM

thanks franker

Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 AM

@Jest: If you do not mind me asking ... What did you do to embed the "design" into the material, & what material did you embed/press it into? Might I assume that whole deck liner is ONE PIECE, unlike Franks 03SS?

Franks 03 has an incredible idea, & I am anxious to see his exactly how he wants it, but I am really taken aback my the simplicity of what you are sportin'.

Needless to say, I beggin' for any information you would care to share on how you did what you did ... I would jump on something similar in a "Heartbeat" , as soon as the soon-to-come snow melts in mid-March, & I attack the rest of the stuff I am going to ...

PM or on here, whatever is easier, if you choose to share ...

Old 12-14-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Zeke
@Jest: If you do not mind me asking ... What did you do to embed the "design" into the material, & what material did you embed/press it into? Might I assume that whole deck liner is ONE PIECE, unlike Franks 03SS?

Franks 03 has an incredible idea, & I am anxious to see his exactly how he wants it, but I am really taken aback my the simplicity of what you are sportin'.

Needless to say, I beggin' for any information you would care to share on how you did what you did ... I would jump on something similar in a "Heartbeat" , as soon as the soon-to-come snow melts in mid-March, & I attack the rest of the stuff I am going to ...

PM or on here, whatever is easier, if you choose to share ...

Here's a quick write-up on what i did. I've got quite a few pictures (I like to take a bunch of pictures when i do projects), so if you need more i probably got some different angles.

-First I went and got 1/8 inch thick piece of masonite.

-Cut up a cardboard box, and just kept snipping until i had the general shape of the underside of the lid

-traced the shape on the masonite

-took about a day, but print out an ss emblem on a piece of paper, measured it, and then upscaled it to fit on the masonite.

-outlined it in sharpie, and took a jig saw and cut the SS out of the middle and then the whole outside

- used spray adhesive and layed trunk carpet/fabric over the outline board

-i push each "S" back into the main piece after the fabric was layed

-took two 13 gallon garbage cans, filled each with water and put one on each S and left it over night.

-took them off the next morning and it looked like this

-cut the outsides of the liner and glued them to the back of the masonite.

-It looked awesome, but since there's a slight concave in the underside of the trunk lid, when i mounted it, it took away the definition of it

-Took it back out and went to Hobby Lobby and got 30 meters of royal deep blue embroidery floss and just started outlining the letters.

-Took me about a week -literally- to finish it and took about 100 meters of embroidery floss to finish it up. There may be a better way to achieve this look, but this method not only gave me a blue "stitched" outline, but also helped keep the carpet at the same depth throughout the whole panel.

-done

-and on

Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Very nice write up. I have so much time on my hands during the winter, I could try something like that.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

that looks like alot of work!! very nice though

Old 12-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
Thanks Jerry i hope the new one will look better
Why is this one for sale Frank?!?!:p

Old 12-16-2011, 07:53 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Why is this one for sale Frank?!?!:p
Why do u wanna buy it?!?! lol

Quick Reply: Will be making a Trunk Liner/Mat soon ;)