Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

What products do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Default What products do you use?

I'll start

Blue Coral car wash(only cause it was on sell for 2 bucks for a Gallon), will be using Meguiars NXT wash once it's gone
Meguiars Clay bar
Vanilla Moose polish
Mother's PowerPolish
S100 paste wax
Mother's SynWax
Mother's Top Coat
Black Magic ProShine protectant
Black Magic No Touch tire foam spray
Meguiars Fine Cut #2

That's about all the products I currently use

For application and paint repair I use a PorterCable 7424 DA polisher and a Chicago Electric Rotary buffer

Old 05-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Default RE: What products do you use?

man all that LOL

I use the wash from Meg's also
use the clay bar and the wax

But i dont get in to the #2 paste etc.. i have not seen a need for it yet besides after time cutting the clear cote offten will actually hurt you

But then my car has never seen the inside of a auto wash with brushes

ok once wife did it she has not since she had to buff the swirl marks off of it LOL
also i use3 the no touch tire care but the stuff that makes the tires look wet.

and i also use dawn dish soap on the carpets twice a year to get out any stains or smells that might be in the car from winter and i am a smoker but you would never know it from smelling the car.
I have had seveal folks not know i smoke in my car to include dealers.
and you have forgotten the yellow tree thingiy thgat you have to have hanging from therear veiw to add those extra 10 HP LOL

for windows i use nothing but lemon fresah pledge i have tinted windows and like to keep them with out scratches.
same with my dash i use it on it and all of the plastic

if i dont use it i wont use nothign as Armorall cracks more dashes then it will ever save.

i also use armoral tire foam to spray the inner fenderwells on mine right now becasue i got the can for free and figure it cant hurt that to much
normally i just use the no tocuh in there to get them nice and blk.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:26 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

man all that LOL

I use the wash from Meg's also
use the clay bar and the wax

But i dont get in to the #2 paste etc.. i have not seen a need for it yet besides after time cutting the clear cote offten will actually hurt you

But then my car has never seen the inside of a auto wash with brushes

ok once wife did it she has not since she had to buff the swirl marks off of it LOL
also i use3 the no touch tire care but the stuff that makes the tires look wet.

and i also use dawn dish soap on the carpets twice a year to get out any stains or smells that might be in the car from winter and i am a smoker but you would never know it from smelling the car.
I have had seveal folks not know i smoke in my car to include dealers.
and you have forgotten the yellow tree thingiy thgat you have to have hanging from therear veiw to add those extra 10 HP LOL

for windows i use nothing but lemon fresah pledge i have tinted windows and like to keep them with out scratches.
same with my dash i use it on it and all of the plastic

if i dont use it i wont use nothign as Armorall cracks more dashes then it will ever save.

i also use armoral tire foam to spray the inner fenderwells on mine right now becasue i got the can for free and figure it cant hurt that to much
normally i just use the no tocuh in there to get them nice and blk.
Yep, all of that!

#2 isn't a paste, it's a liquid. And I don't use it often as I know what causes swirls and avoid inducing them. I only had to use it on my Taurus cause I bought it used and it was swirled to hell. Nothing the only materials that touch the surface of my car are microfiber towels, microfiber wash sponge, the Absorber, and the foam pads of my buffers. I will need to use #2 on my Monte as it too is swirled to hell. But once I do it, it'll be fine from then on out.

ahaha, I don't have the tree airfreshener, I have the blue leaf, **** smells good. It's called Winter breeze or something along those lines.

Wow, you use furniture polish on your windows? That's a first for me.

On my dash and leather I currently use ScotchGuard Leather and Vinyl conditioner,has a citrus scent, doesn't make the plastic or leather shiny, just conditions.

When I had tinted windows I used Stoner aerosol window cleaner

Old 06-07-2005, 04:55 AM

i used the the touchless tire fome,not impressed,first hand wash it was gone

Old 06-07-2005, 06:04 AM

War path what brand do yo uknow off hand? I use that no touch tire care but the one in the purpel can (wet look)
seems to last longer then the normal look stuff. I was my car abotu twice a week right now and seems to be holding up well.

But i do know if you use son of a gun you are just useing the armorall in a diffrent color can.
Made by the same co.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:33 PM

i don't use armour all in anything anymore, it sounds like your stuff is better then i used the last time, i tried the black magic touchless with the sponge on the end but the sponge came apart and was vary messy. maybe we need a poll to see what is used the most by the members.
i think everyone would like to use the one that last the longest and a reasonable cost

Old 06-07-2005, 04:36 PM

yeah i have found tat stuff your talking about from blk.magic to be more of a pain in teh *** then anything else. I tried it to i think i still have the sponges here that are not being used and never will be LOL
what a nasty mess it was

Old 06-08-2005, 01:34 AM

I like Black Magic Tire Wet, it's not as durable as Endurance but it's worth the money. I would suggest you guys use the dressing applicators, the one's w/the yellow foam base w/grey or black spongy material that's concave. I have never had one fall apart.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 AM

that is wha ti have used. btu i still would rather not have the mess mine dont get all over me and the car and ground.

i do it at the car wash right after i get done washing the car i have a old towel for gettign off the extra water then spray them and dry off the rest of my car with my water blade and shami. then i will vacum out the car and drive to where ever. every once in a while i end up with just a small bit of residue ont he inner fender wheel and i wipe it off with a old towel and i have never had it come back again till i was the car again.
so i carry a extra towel in the car at all times for shows anyway .

the one that gets me is it seems i cant get enough stuff on my seats to get them to stay soft. I have leather and i really would rather not see them crack but i cant get enough condisoner on them

Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 AM

Damn dude, you can be long winded at times, haha.

I misread a previous post, the sponge thing that fell apart was on some foam tire dressing stuff, I missed that part.

That's another thing that bugs me about the Monte. They used a low grade leather for the seats. They should have used the same supple leather they used for the shifter boot on the seats, that would be nice. The damn seats feel like vinyl damn near[sm=boosign.gif]