Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Tire dressing...what do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 03:21 AM
Default Tire dressing...what do you use?

Is this the stuff you were telling me about Mickey?

I can get it the same place I got the heavy and medium cut leveler! $9.95 for a 32oz bottle...that's alot of tire dressing!! Most dressings cost what, $5-$6 and you only get like 16-20oz.

Or is it this stuff?

This stuff is a little more expensive, but still a better deal than what you can get locally. It's $12 for 32oz bottle, or you can get two of em for $22

or you can get this whole kit for $25

Old 08-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Default RE: Tire dressing...what do you use?

Hmmm that whole kit seems like a good buy..

Old 08-20-2005, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Ca$$e

Hmmm that whole kit seems like a good buy..
Agreed.

Now that I've found a Hi-Temp vendor, my shed is gonna turn into a Hi-Temp showroom

Old 08-21-2005, 07:48 AM

yep that is the right stuff

i have never used the wheel cleaner that is a new one since i have used thier stuff we didnt use the tire cleaner ethier we just used dawn dish soap and a scrubber to get crap off them.

but that stuff works well. and if you look around they should have somthign for your dash also.

but we used to cut the tire dresser down some with somthign (not sure what he used never mixed it) for the dash

Check around thier site you might find it to and it was great stuff also.

did you get the stuff in yet? and get a chance to use it?

Old 08-21-2005, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yep that is the right stuff

i have never used the wheel cleaner that is a new one since i have used thier stuff we didnt use the tire cleaner ethier we just used dawn dish soap and a scrubber to get crap off them.

but that stuff works well. and if you look around they should have somthign for your dash also.

but we used to cut the tire dresser down some with somthign (not sure what he used never mixed it) for the dash

Check around thier site you might find it to and it was great stuff also.

did you get the stuff in yet? and get a chance to use it?
which one though, the grape stuff or the premium stuff?

I have a feeling I'll be getting alot of Hi-Temp stuff now, I am very pleased with thier product.

Old 08-21-2005, 12:16 PM

I've been using Meguiars Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray and I've been pretty happy with it so far.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:18 PM

JMO....

The best stuff i have ever used is Goodyear tire care.

Very low gloss. ( i don't like shiny tires-not natural looking)

It makes the tires look like they just might be new.[8D]

Problem is, i can't find it anymore.[:@]
I have went through the Goodyear site... no luck.

A freind gave me this stuff called armor-ex.. dosn't work too bad.

Tj

Old 08-21-2005, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

I've been using Meguiars Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray and I've been pretty happy with it so far.
I used that stuff back when it first came out, it doesn't do a bad job at all. However, cost in an issue and it's petroleum based, which is also an issue. You pay prolly $5-$7 for a 15oz. can, for only $9.95 you can get a 32oz. bottle of Grape tire dressing, which is water based. What's the difference between oil and water based tire products?

Oil-based silicone dressings are non-penetrating coatings that seal rubber and vinyl. They are very good at providing a protective surface barrier. Oil-based silicone dressings create a glossy film that never really dries. I'm not a fan of these products, as most contain petroleum distillates as a cleaning agent. Petroleum distillates are harmful to rubber and vinyl, and will cause cracking.

Water-based dressings do not contain oils or petroleum distillates that can harm and dull the surface of rubber and vinyl over time. Water based dressings actually penetrate the tire to provide deeper protection, but it's this penetration that is the main reson these dressings don't provide the shine of their oil based competitors. Most water-based dressings offer a non-greasy, more natural looking satin finish; however, they are not as durable as the oil-based products.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 03SSdriver

JMO....

The best stuff i have ever used is Goodyear tire care.

Very low gloss. ( i don't like shiny tires-not natural looking)

It makes the tires look like they just might be new.[8D]

Problem is, i can't find it anymore.[:@]
I have went through the Goodyear site... no luck.

A freind gave me this stuff called armor-ex.. dosn't work too bad.

Tj
I would suggest you get away from oil based products and move over to the water based side, the look is exactly what you're looking for. And if you order the Hi Temp Grape tire dressing, you can get a 32oz bottle for $9.95!!!!

Old 08-21-2005, 06:05 PM

I like a high gloss shine on my tires. How long does Hi Temp Grape tire dressing last?

Quick Reply: Tire dressing...what do you use?