Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

WAX

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Default WAX

I've never waxed a vechical before is it worth it. I kind of imagine that it will repell dirt but I don't know. what do you guy think about waxing and if it's worth it are there any secrets to it.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Default RE: WAX

Definately wax your car twice a year. It repells water so you dont get water spots. also it looks better in the end. I just wish i had paint to wax.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:13 PM

I think it is worth it. Your paint will thank you.

I hand wax mine at least every quarter, and machine buff it once a year. additionally, every wash I use a mineral seal/carnuba spary wax that has UV protective additives in it. Very similar to the spray on wax you find at car washes. My wife hardly ever waxes her truck and it looks like .......well, you get my point.....

TVW

Old 03-03-2005, 06:18 PM

I just wish i had paint to wax.
When are you gonna get that beast painted?

Not that I have anything against gray primer. I drove a mustang [sm=guilty.gif]around for a couple of years with that lovely gray primer. Actually liked it kinda.

TVW

Old 03-03-2005, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I just wish i had paint to wax.
When are you gonna get that beast painted?

Not that I have anything against gray primer. I drove a mustang [sm=guilty.gif]around for a couple of years with that lovely gray primer. Actually liked it kinda.

TVW
When i get some money.
Right now all my money is going towards keeping the beast running. every week my paycheck eather goes towards my Summit Credit Card, or the local Junkyard. Its always something. At least in my racing world, ill always be busy fixing my car, or poor, which ever comes first...

Old 03-04-2005, 12:02 AM

Lets see.....

Go fast?????

Look Pretty????

Go Fast???

Look Pretty????

Go fast I'd say....[sm=gears.gif]

What kinda times are you running??

Old 03-04-2005, 12:11 AM

right now, 14.10 @ 97. I know as soon as i get my 3000 stall, ill break into the 13's. as of now i do not have any MSD components. all im running is a stock distributor with an accel Super Coil. Also i have a Carb that is crap. Im getting into the 13's this year. maybe 12's, then comes the nitrous. I really want an 11 sec street car. I also might need to get 28" tall slicks...

Old 05-22-2005, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: skidz84

I've never waxed a vechical before is it worth it. I kind of imagine that it will repell dirt but I don't know. what do you guy think about waxing and if it's worth it are there any secrets to it.
IMO, it's as important as changing your oil every 3k miles. I like to have a clean car and like knowing that I am protecting my paint from the elements. I doesn't repel dirt though, it repels water and provides a protective barrier between your paint and things like birdshyt, acid rain, tar, sap, road film, all those things that can damage your paint. And did I mention how nice it makes your car look?

Old 10-15-2006, 02:57 AM

i seriously recommend Mother's car wax. they have some kind that eats dirt off your car! i let a dude wax my 81 chevy caprice while it was dirty and i saw gold flakes in my paint i didnt realize were there. look for Mother's! its incredible

Old 10-15-2006, 07:38 PM

any secrets? well, make sure if you do it by hand, dont rub it on in circles. the reason being is if the area isnt 100% clean, then you make scraches visible from all angles. so imagine your driving the car.... and rub it on in the direction the wind passes over your car.

and of course... most wax's need to be applied on cool paint that isnt in direct sunlight. (unless the bottle say's utherwise)

any yes it is worth it. depending on how expensive the wax is... you will get a very noticible mirror like finish on your car.

btw... dont rub it on with a cloth that will scratch your car...

Quick Reply: WAX