Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

[Review]Turtle Wax ICE car wash

Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Default [Review]Turtle Wax ICE car wash

I went to Pep Boys on Saturday to get some car wash soap, I had every intention on getting Meguiar's Ultimate but when I got there I was smacked with a reality check....it was $10 for a 48oz bottle whereas TW ICE was $4 for a 64oz bottle. I ended up getting the TW ICE not only because it was cheaper but also because it was the perfect chance for me to see if I liked it, while spending very little for it.

So, first impression, smells good! It has a light melon scent to it which is a nice change from the norm. The soap is relatively thick but more like the consistency of syrup rather than honey. I mixed 2oz. of soap with 2gal of water and noticed as I was filling my bucket that it foamed up pretty nicely. When I seen how foamy the water was I expected that to transfer over to the car but that wasn't the case. I soaked my mf mitt and proceeded to wash my windshield and was disappointed that the foamy/soapy water was relatively thin and watered down once I started washing. However, I don't know how much of this can be contributed to my wash mitt as compared to the soap but I had no problem cutting through the weeks of road grime on my car or the brake dust on my wheels.

Halfway through the wash I felt a sensation on my lower legs that felt as if my legs had gotten wet and then were drying up so I looked down and noticed ants were crawling all over my lower legs So I rinsed them all off and began to look around to see where they were coming from and found a whole colony doing work in my front yard and driveway so the car wash got put on the back burner while I mixed up my ant killing concoction and proceeded to wipe them out. By the time I got back to the car wash the car was completely dry.....I expected to see lots of water spots on my glass but I was pleasantly surprised that there were very few. One thing I noticed when I was rinsing the soap off is that it sheets the water away nicely, leaving very little water on the car by the time you get ready to dry it off.

I went in to this with a very low opinion of TW ICE products as the one's I had used previously were a joke at best, but I have to say I am very surprised with this soap. It's not going to be my go to soap of choice and won't move into my top 5 list but I won't hesitate to recommend it. So overall I give it a 4/5. It loses points for the surprisingly thin consistency on the car as you're washing, and it's inability to live up to the marketing promise of leaving no water spots. But other than that it had good cutting power, lovely smell, nice sheeting action and while I did get some water spots, it wasn't alot which is more than I can say for some other car wash soaps out there.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:02 AM

...Hi `Rich,
Thanks for your detailed review of Turtle Wash....For the price it seems to be a decent product....Especially the "Lovely Smell"
I will try it in the shower this morning....: )...Got really dirty last night @ the warehouse : ) Rich, thanks for all your contributions to your Monte Carlo Family 4-Sure : )

Order Quantity:*Item Total:$5.99 Base Price: QuantityPrice1 + $5.99

Turtle Wax - Home
Turtle Wax is the number one selling brand of car care products in the world with sales in 90 countries. Founded more than 60 years ago in Chicago, ...
Products - ICE - Contact Us - Where to Buy
www.turtlewax.com/ - Cached - Similar

Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Agreed...

Its defiantly not the worst car soap on the market but its not the best. As far as the foaminess, like you said it foamed in the bucket but not to well on the car, but then I noticed that when all the wash soap had ran back down on to the driveway it re-foamed back up, like massive foam in the corner of my driveway where all the water runs. The foam actually stayed there on my driveway for 2.5 days before it finally disappeared.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:45 PM

im just not a real fan of tw

Old 06-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Agreed...

Its defiantly not the worst car soap on the market but its not the best. As far as the foaminess, like you said it foamed in the bucket but not to well on the car, but then I noticed that when all the wash soap had ran back down on to the driveway it re-foamed back up, like massive foam in the corner of my driveway where all the water runs. The foam actually stayed there on my driveway for 2.5 days before it finally disappeared.
LOL. Yeah, for $4 i'm not complaining at all. I'm actually looking forward to my next wash with it hopefully this time with no unexpected guests

Originally Posted by gothkid
im just not a real fan of tw
Me either. The only TW product I actually like alot is their Platinum line of QD. The stuff is as good or better than any other product you can get OTC.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
LOL. Yeah, for $4 i'm not complaining at all. I'm actually looking forward to my next wash with it hopefully this time with no unexpected guests
haha...Ya that made me chuckle when you said about the ants..

Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
haha...Ya that made me chuckle when you said about the ants..
I probably screamed like a schoolgirl when I realized my legs were covered

Old 06-03-2010, 01:06 PM

i think ants would have anyone freak out loud

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sonin66
i think ants would have anyone freak out loud
thanks, that makes me feel a little better

This is the stuff I'm talking about, not the F21 stuff 'Space posted.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

0o0o0o0o0oh Aah. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Review]Turtle Wax ICE car wash