Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Steering wheel buttons

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

ha oh thanks brock! actually thats exactly how it was when i got it =/

Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 AM

i had same problem i went to a local junkyard and bought 100dollars worth of stuff and uh, somehow the steering wheel buttons just kind of fell off the totaled junkyard montes wheel and all landed in my pocket

Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM

Someone told me they though it was from people eating while trying to drive, but IDK. My car has the same problem but MUCH worse. Keep your eye on morad too, Chibi told me about a wheel that they had a awhile back and I've kicked myself for not jumping on it when he showed it to me!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't get how people's buttons can look that way...

10 years of using mine and they still look new?

I would email morad, ask if they have any.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 AM

I have wear on mine too. Bought the car used, and i think the previous owner used her nails to push the buttons, or maybe used a ring on her finger to assist in pushing them. I'll replace them someday.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Wow that's crazy how they get like that. You switch stations a lot, huh?

Old 04-12-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Wow that's crazy how they get like that. You switch stations a lot, huh?
WOW yeah X2!

I just picked up a new steering wheel from a guy on another forum for $50 shipped in great condition. Came off a car with only 40K or something like that.

If I was you I would put a feeler out there and see what people say. That's what I did and got a great deal. Actually now that I think of it he still has another wheel that he is trying to sell. Its from another SE or Pace Car. Grey/Black SS steering wheel. I think he wants like $90 or something. If interested I can send you his info.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm joining in on this too... MY volume button is worn out as well... VERY UPSETTING!(purchased my car used as well) I too can't understand how one could wear them out in that fashion... i was at a salvage yard, but the newest Monte Carlo available was a 94... I'm looking to replace just the ONE button but don't know how difficult it would be to pull out and how difficult it would be to find a replacement. Please let me know where all of you go with this in the future... Thanks a lot!!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:57 PM

P.S. hey Monte Man... gotta any more pics of your red Monte? I see you have the SLP front grille painted in red... I plan on getting that grille and i'm fighting between painting it red and painting it black... Thanks a lot!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
WOW yeah X2!

I just picked up a new steering wheel from a guy on another forum for $50 shipped in great condition. Came off a car with only 40K or something like that.

If I was you I would put a feeler out there and see what people say. That's what I did and got a great deal. Actually now that I think of it he still has another wheel that he is trying to sell. Its from another SE or Pace Car. Grey/Black SS steering wheel. I think he wants like $90 or something. If interested I can send you his info.
didn't you bought that off of me? i remember i sold to somebodya long time ago in the other mc forum, lol.

when i bought my car i have same problem with the button all worn out too and i heard same thing that people (women) use their nails to switch station/turn volume. mine was own by a woman btw. lucky i still had warranty left at the time and it cover for cosmetic. i got brand new set replaced. all the buttons on mine are disable now cuz of after market stereo, but that's ok i got remote for my stereo which is good enough.

Last edited by nemesis; 04-15-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel buttons