Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Spring Cleaning Rituals ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use the first one and just spray on and wipe.

You can pick it up at Walmart or like... dollar general haha, but the stuff works amazing.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just wash and wax my car. But I do that all through out the year! Probably will clay it pretty soon here when I get a chance.

I wash the engine bay about once or twice a year. I also use simple green. Just the normal simple green that you can buy pretty much anywhere. I get a gallon of the stuff at Home Depot pretty cheap, and it last a while.

For the engine bay, I cover the electrical things that should not get really wet (like the alternator) with some aluminum foil, and then use a spray bottle full of simple green (100% concentrate). Spray down the engine bay, let it soak in, scrub the super nasty parts, and then blast it down with the hose. Looks great when its all done!

Old 03-19-2010, 05:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Well lets see when i Did my spring detail a few weeks ago....

I Washed the car as well as using my foam gun for pre-washing
I used the ClayBar on entire car as well as windows
I compounded the really bad spots on car
I then used a swirl remover
I Polished using Meguiars show car glaze #7
I Sealed the car using Meguiars NXT Gen Tech Wax 2.0
I then Applied Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Wax

Cleaned out all jams
Engine Detailed
Interior vacuumed and shampooed as well cleaned and shined vinal
Chrome Polished rims and dressed tires
Among a few other small things

Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM

The car is kept up pretty well thoughout the year. We don't use salt on the roads out here in the winter, but they do use a de-icer. Hate it, always have to rinse the wheels or it will stain. But I think the salt would drive me insane.

In the spring, first go to the quarter wash and use the hi pressure to remove the loose grime from the underside and engine bay. Go home and do a complete wash, claybar (including the windows) and multilple waxes. The wash and wax includes the door jams, inside the trunk jams, underside and edges of the hood and deck lid and all painted areas around the engine bay.

The wheels come off and the backs are scrubbed clean and shiny. While they are off I can get the entire wheel well clean, although they always get washed regularly. Ugh, hate a clean car with dirty wheel wells.

Interior is cleaned with a water wet rag and then condition the leather, although that is done on a monthly basis anyway. Vacuum and shampoo the carpets and the floormats. In the winter I use them upside down, so the backs need a scrub brush taken to them.

I crab and complain the entire time I'm doing the spring cleaning, but I'm always smiling with the end result.

Last edited by Black Bowtie; 03-19-2010 at 10:01 PM.