Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Owners of Black Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Owners of Black Vehicles

Been looking for a while and found a few cars that have really piqued my interest. The one thing that concerns me is that they are black. While I'll be amongst the first to admit there isn't anything as sexy as a well detailed black car I'm also aware that they don't always look that good.

Guess what I'm asking is just how big of a PITA is it to keep your cars looking nice? I guess I have gotten spoiled by the silver cars that tend to hide poor or quick detailing. I do have the dark blue truck and dark green Z28, but neither of those colors are black. I don't really have the time, ambition or stamina that I used to for spending the whole weekend detailing a car.

Opinions please, TIA

Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM

It really is a PITA to keep clean. I've had it cleaned so many times this summer, and it's already showing more dirt. Mostly water spots because of the recent weather here. So yea, hard to keep clean but sooo sexy when it is clean.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Black shows EVERYTHING, lol. PITA! But I still love her when she is all prettied up!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:39 PM

i love lisa-marie when shes a dirty girl i honestly never mind her dirty cuz i kno she looks killer when cleaned up (once or more a month) but its to each his/her own. besides, using clay bar and keeping her away from the sun and bird poops . once again, everyone has their own way of using and keeping their car

Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's not that bad, even with good paint. Just get a cloth that won't scratch your paint and wipe it down once a week. (4 or 5 times a week when pollen is out and about... or just spray it off)

Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Smile

I don't think it's that bad at all, an hour or so on the weekend and your good to go,plus nothing beat's the looks of admiration and compliments you get when she's all cleaned up and looking good.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM

Major pita! But i am ocd and hate swirl marks. This is my third and last black car. (I also said this after both my first and second black cars!) Hopefully it is silver or white for me from here on out.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:45 AM

I have two black cars, and I wouldn't have picked that color for either, but I bought them used, and they were the best car available.

I would say black looks the best clean, so here is the way it works.
Wash it - looks great,
shortly after some dust settles, looks bad, because you just washed it,
then it gets a little dirty (a day or two later) and it doesn't look too bad anymore.
The only thing that bugs me is the dust showing same day as washed.
Oh yeah and every little ding shows, figure on parking a mile away from now on, silver, white, grey, all good for hiding imperfections.

Still love my Black Cars.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:57 PM

PIZZA.. Oops i mean PITA.
Stay away from black, once you go black, you'll keep saying PITA.
It's tough to keep it clean for me, at work there are a bunch of trees surrounding our parking lot. But it does look great for about an hour after a good washing.

Good luck.

What cars are you looking at??
Tell us and we'll let you know if they're worth the effort to keep clean. :P

Old 08-26-2010, 06:07 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

PITA. But it is a labor of love. I take care of my car, and my car takes care of me. It may only happen once every two weeks, but when it happens... Beautiful...

Quick Reply: Owners of Black Vehicles