Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Most Disliked Detailing Job?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt

How exactly does one clean a roller of paint so that paint becomes airbourne? And why in the bloody hell would he do it near a car? He needs a good smack upside the head, methinks. With said roller.

SRTs are some sweet trucks, but the spoiler on em kills me. WHY! I want to know what amateur at Dodge is responsible for that eyesore. A truck, with a Viper engine, gets a ricey spoiler on the end of the bed and for what reason? Does not compute!
it was still on the roller handle thing so he sprayed it with a hose and it was spinning shooting paint everywhere and the little bit of wind carried it the rest of the way... i agree, he needs a little common sense or something.. nothing i can change now tho i suppose

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 PM

He sprayed it with a hose? They make little plastic rings to squeeze the paint out... he doesn't happen to be aware of that, does he?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
He sprayed it with a hose? They make little plastic rings to squeeze the paint out... he doesn't happen to be aware of that, does he?
we were at work so we didn't have access to them, but it was easy to put it on the ground and spray it...but oh well, hopefully it doesn't get to hard with this warm weather here, and hopefully i can get it out of everywhere

Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 AM

I actually read an article almost completely about the spoiler on those trucks. Apparently it at around 60mph it puts about 200 pounds of downforce on the rear wheels of the truck. I'd say that fairly impressive.
Also, did you know they have 5 shock absorbers? 3 on the rear axle.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:17 AM

I cannot say that there is a spot on my monte that I hate cleaning. I do, however, hate all the little cracks that water gets into (door wells, where the trunk fits). Just when you think its clean and take it for a lil drive, you notice where the water ran out.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by DerEin
I actually read an article almost completely about the spoiler on those trucks. Apparently it at around 60mph it puts about 200 pounds of downforce on the rear wheels of the truck. I'd say that fairly impressive.

Aha... I did not know that. If that's the case, then cool. I figured it was simply for aesthetics.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by DerEin
Also, did you know they have 5 shock absorbers? 3 on the rear axle.
Nice a spoiler that serves its prepose..

Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 PM

Tire wet would have to be my most disliked detailing. Getting the tires cleaned up for it isn't too bad- but I always seem to get a couple drips on the wheels (which is a pain to get off because it streaks)- and get it all over my hand. Plus, it seems like however light I go, and however long I wait- I still get a little fling on the paint the first time out.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Randdady
I cannot say that there is a spot on my monte that I hate cleaning. I do, however, hate all the little cracks that water gets into (door wells, where the trunk fits). Just when you think its clean and take it for a lil drive, you notice where the water ran out.
Same here, for the most part. However, I can't stand cleaning the rear window for fear of breaking one of the defroster elements and the lower area around the rear speakers, the lower area of the front windshield, and the "teeth" on the lower front grill. My car also has a bad habit of shooting water out the upper rear taillight and the backup lights if I just drive off after cleaning her.

Quick Reply: Most Disliked Detailing Job?