Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Finally did the Shift Boot & Steering Wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Default Finally did the Shift Boot & Steering Wheel...

Took some time to get it done... was mostly working on the engine/performance then did the custom seat covers, then customized the stereo a bit (put an MP3 cable in with the CD player) and then the shift boot and steering wheel. Damn, but I'm liking my SSa lot more with this extra bit of leather!
Hopefully my Photobucket link works- you can just click on the pics- only have 4 up right now of the interior... please excuse the air freshener in the cup-holder (seemed like a good spot for it but I should have taken it out for the pic of the boot)... and the floor mats are just to match the car's color a bit- they aren't what I use for our PA winters!
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff200/1Kelt/
Next, I gotta get my regular pics uploaded....

Old 11-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Finally did the Shift Boot & Steering Wheel...

Guess I'll have to get pics put right on the post- I don't think anybody's trusting the link!

Old 11-02-2007, 06:29 PM

Looks nice, did you do all of it yourself? I really like it. Wish I knew how to do my own seat/steering wheel covers.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice pics Kelt. Great job on the steering wheel and shift boot! Who made your seat covers? Kinda reminds me of my custom seat covers I got from CoverKing, for my Grand Am.

I like how you added some red in your all black interior. I have the same all black interior, and although it's really nice (have the leather package), it's kinda boring with EVERYTHING being black.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, please create a photoalbum here on the site with lots of pics. We'd love to see more.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 PM

Thanks! I will definitely get going on a photo-album here- have to figure it out first... I'm handy with ventilators and PFT equipment and all that stuff, but damn if I can get half of my pics to show up where I want!
I'm pretty sure I got the seat covers from Coverking- they're pretty decent. Only thing I don't like is that on the sides of the seats, they don't cover as far down as I'd like. Other than that, they're very custom-looking... there's cutouts for the seat-tilt in back, and a nice pocket in the back as well, so I'd recommend them as 4 out of 5 stars.
Possibly down the road, I'll do some red paint on a couple vinyl parts (door, vents, etc)- not much, don't want overkill.
I felt lucky getting this car- it was garage kept and for a '03 only had 24,000 miles on her... no scratches or dents. First thing I did was get a good-quality carport with a gable on it- I want to try to keep it in as good shape as the old guy who had it first!