Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Caliper painting

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Default Caliper painting

I just ought an 03 Monte SS. Its loaded, leather, the works. It is silver, but i need to make the car unique. Its too monochromatic. I was thinkin to paint the Calipers red. How would I go about Doing this. If anyone has, letme know. I would love to make this car look sportier than it already is

Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Caliper painting

I painted my rotor hats and calipers black. I prefer the clean look.

Just me.

I didn't buy the special caliper paint, i just used high temp engine paint.

No problems.

Tj

Old 04-09-2006, 03:53 PM

i used a caliper kit on mine and have had no issues with it and they still look nice and shinny even after the Germany winter where they salt the hell out of the roads.

the kit comes with destructions to.

but you start off with a wire brush and hit them real good with that
then you hit them with the cleaner they give you in teh kit.
Mix part a paint with part b paint and stir like hell for so many min. (till your arm falls off)
then yo have aobut 30 sec to put it on the car ( KIDDING) you have a few min to pint each caliper.

I only mixed a small part of the paint each time so i knew i would get it doen before the paint dried and i had alot left over on teh last one. but i only painted what you could see while they are on teh car. i didnt take mine off the car bleading every thing sounded more like a pian in the asrse then anythin else.

other then that it was easy just ket the car sit over night till it dries and enjoy it.

the car was on the stand for like 5 hours so i didnt mess up the paint or get it on my wheels

Old 04-09-2006, 09:51 PM

I like Mickey also used a kit, ceramic paint I think it was. My Monte is silver too, the red really sets it off....

If I had it to do over again, I would save my money and just buy high temp paint and remove the caliper from the car.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

I like Mickey also used a kit, ceramic paint I think it was. My Monte is silver too, the red really sets it off....

If I had it to do over again, I would save my money and just buy high temp paint and remove the caliper from the car.

Why is that? How much did you pay for the kit? I was thinking about taking the calipers off but that's just too much work when the same result can be had by just doing it like you guys did it. I am gonna paint mine red as well, soon, my rims go on pretty soon!

Old 04-10-2006, 04:09 PM

I used this, ~ L I N K ~ but this one has been rated to be much better ~ L I N K ~

I am going to pull mine this summer and do it again. I knicked them up when I installed my drilled/sloted rotors...

I've been told that just regular ole HT paint will perform the same..

Old 04-10-2006, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

I used this, ~ L I N K ~ but this one has been rated to be much better ~ L I N K ~

I am going to pull mine this summer and do it again. I knicked them up when I installed my drilled/sloted rotors...

I've been told that just regular ole HT paint will perform the same..
It will, that's what I used to paint the calipers on my civic and Accord, no issues at all. I did them black though so the flaws weren't easily spotted. Since I'm gonna do them red on the Monte, I think I better take my time and do it right.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:54 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought the kit from www.eastwood.com. I did it last year and they seem to be holding up real well.

Old 07-09-2006, 05:48 PM

if you just use high temp paint what prep work did you do to the calipers would like to know i think im gonna do it to mine and how much paint should i get and about what does this cost?

Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 PM

i used high temp engine paint fo rmine

Quick Reply: Caliper painting