Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Being a "professional" detailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by iMuf
Thanks a lot. Is it something you enjoy? Seems like everyone one some of the other forums I have been on have been telling me reasons not to do it and that I may not like it, but doing this kind of stuff is what I love. And this quote always pops up in my head "do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life." That is something I want to live by. I don't know if those people are really concerned and trying to "look out" for me or if they are saying things like that because I want to go after my dream and do something I love if that makes any sense at all. Also have you had to get any kind of insurance just in case anything bad happens? Also this question is for anyone, I have been looking at the Porter cable 7424 XP polisher and seems like it has got a ton of reviews, has anyone on here used it before who would recommend it?
It is best to do something you love and have passion for, if you only work for money it is doubtful you will be happy.......I have a PC 7424 XP and it is a great machine it is in most pro detailers arsenal, but most would use a Flex 3401 as it is much faster and will do better correction. I plan on getting the Flex for speed and will keep the PC as it can be used with 4" pads, does well with glaze and sealant that I use. Here is a link to a site that compares the polishers too.

Flex vs. PC: How to select the right machine for you - Machine Polishing - Adams Forums

Good luck and keep us up to date on your business.