Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

[Review]Turtle Wax ICE car wash

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Told you it'd turn out alright :p.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know why my car (attracts*spelling) flys after I wax it?? It really *bugs* me.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

The smell, I bet.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know why my car (attracts*spelling) flys after I wax it?? It really *bugs* me.
Mine always used to attract tons of flys. Not as much now as it used to but still alot...

I always assumed it was the color maby because it never happened to my old car that was dark red.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Next time I wash my car i'm gonna use 3oz of soap for 2gal. of water to see if it suds up on the car any better.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Next time I wash my car i'm gonna use 3oz of soap for 2gal. of water to see if it suds up on the car any better.
I've always wondered if the concentration is really that vital. The Meguiar's Gold Class recommends 4 capfuls for every gallon but trying to measure that thick stuff in that small cap is next to impossible. I just kinda eyeball it and hope for the best.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:35 PM

GOT SPL

Originally Posted by 1BADSS
I've always wondered if the concentration is really that vital. The Meguiar's Gold Class recommends 4 capfuls for every gallon but trying to measure that thick stuff in that small cap is next to impossible. I just kinda eyeball it and hope for the best.
For car wash soap thats what I do. I use the gold class shampoo and cond usually. I tried there new ultimate stuff but I dont like it as much as the gold class.

Although I think I use more wash soap then necessary but...

Old 06-04-2010, 03:00 PM

I'm sure it's not that big of a deal but how are you gonna know how to eyeball 2oz if you don't measure it out at least once? I have a little measuring cup for car care stuff only so measuring out stuff like that is never an issue. I'd imagine a less concentrated bucket would be a little easier to rinse off and more prone to preventing streaks and spots due to dried up soap on your car. Just a guess...

Originally Posted by jaws2008
For car wash soap thats what I do. I use the gold class shampoo and cond usually. I tried there new ultimate stuff but I dont like it as much as the gold class.

Although I think I use more wash soap then necessary but...
Why don't you like the Ultimate?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM

I just poor some soap on a sponge and apply to a wet car.

Y dosnt he like the ulitmate? So far i have to reason to hate it

Old 06-05-2010, 11:54 AM

GOT SPL

To me it doesn't seem to foam up as nicely and seems to almost be like a greasy substance instead of it foaming up.

I liked it more washing with just the bucket then using the Ultimate through the foam gun.

IDK anyother reasons really I just seem to like the gold class better

Quick Reply: [Review]Turtle Wax ICE car wash