New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member - Looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Member - Looking for help

Hey Guys,
I Joined the Forum a few days ago. I realize upon Joining I kinda highjacked some threads, and I think that may be why I'm not getting Much for responses from anyone.

Honestly Just looking for a little bit of help I have a couple questions in regards to my Cat Converter/O2 Sensor, and my ABS sensor.
If anyone could help me it'd be greatly appreciated.
I already have a couple threads out there, if anyone has seen them.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hey Henderson21 welcome to the forum. Not sure about your other threads, there is a good chance I have seen them but I keep looking through old and new posts on here collecting all information I can store in my brain and periodically some information spills out

What in particular do you want to know?

If you look at the top part of each section there are usually a series of sticky posts that can pretty much answer any question you may have. Without knowing exactly what you want to know I can't offer much more help at the moment

and what part of Ontario are you from? I am also in Ontario

Old 07-09-2013, 10:38 AM

I remember your previous post... about the connector that plugs into your hub assembly

Old 07-09-2013, 11:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Welcome to the forum. To best get assistance, rather then refer us to old/dead threads, post a new thread in the appropriate location describing your issue. This way everyone can help you off current information and not dig for it.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM
10 Year Member

Hey guys thanks for the posts guys.
I appreciate your concern for fellow mote drivers.
I had a couple questions about ABS sensors and wheel bearing.
Steelmalu and darkside helped me out quite a bit with that. I ordered a new wiring harness for the sensor after ohming out the stock harness.
I'll keep you posted with that repair, just waiting for harness to arrive.

My other questions were in regards to exhaust and o2 sensors.
Blacksheep and jerryz helped out with that. But I'm still looking for some info on my cat.
I'm looking at a Magnaflow OE direct fit catalytic converter, for my VIN K engine.
Has anyone installed this cat and had issues with p0420 comin back?
It's not the high flow it's the just an OE replacement.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Hey Henderson21 welcome to the forum. Not sure about your other threads, there is a good chance I have seen them but I keep looking through old and new posts on here collecting all information I can store in my brain and periodically some information spills out

What in particular do you want to know?

If you look at the top part of each section there are usually a series of sticky posts that can pretty much answer any question you may have. Without knowing exactly what you want to know I can't offer much more help at the moment

and what part of Ontario are you from? I am also in Ontario
I'm also in brockville

Old 07-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

It's not just our Montes but a lot of other modern cars that if the cat is not replaced with an OEM, they may throw a P0420 code (even when nothing is wrong with the cat). One method around that code is to get a spark plug non-fouler (most people said it takes two, which fortunately I believe two come in the kit from the parts store). You take the non-fouler and bore one of them out so you can thread your O2 sensor in it and then using both of those spaces the O2 out of the exhaust stream.

I've read a lot of people (different makes/models of cars) report success with this method.

Another option, if you now there are no issues, have the code deleted so the car does not respond to that condition (this is different then clearing the code, as with clearing the code, it can still pop up again).

If you go to this thread I linked below, I offer some minor PCM services (including P0420 code delete):
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...impalas-42773/

Old 07-10-2013, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
It's not just our Montes but a lot of other modern cars that if the cat is not replaced with an OEM, they may throw a P0420 code (even when nothing is wrong with the cat). One method around that code is to get a spark plug non-fouler (most people said it takes two, which fortunately I believe two come in the kit from the parts store). You take the non-fouler and bore one of them out so you can thread your O2 sensor in it and then using both of those spaces the O2 out of the exhaust stream.

I've read a lot of people (different makes/models of cars) report success with this method.

Another option, if you now there are no issues, have the code deleted so the car does not respond to that condition (this is different then clearing the code, as with clearing the code, it can still pop up again).

If you go to this thread I linked below, I offer some minor PCM services (including P0420 code delete):
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pr...impalas-42773/
Thanks maniac for the reply
I've read quite a bit on your PCM service and it is defiantly something I've considered.
Even ordering a spare and sending the spare you crossed my mind.
I've seen online people having a good outcome using the non-fouler trick.
I have a pack of 2 I got from part source in town, I'm going to try that out first being that I have all the tools to do it at my shop.
Thanks again
Ill keep you updated with my results.

Side note : has anyone seen on the net the catalytic cleaning process on YouTube where the guy pours a litre of laquer into his gas tank. Thoughts anyone ?