General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Have you ever rode in the back seat of your Monte Carlo ?
Never
46.15%
Yes, once
19.23%
Lots of times
11.54%
I have ridden shotgun only : )
23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

>Have you ever rode in the back seat of your Monte Carlo>?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM

Good question Space! Ive ridden shotgun/back seat twice. One time, I was going to pick up two of my friends at someones house. When we were walking back to the car, one of my friends hopped in the driver seat and she said "Can I pleaseeeeee drive???". Couldnt say no to her cuz i liked her so much so i just went with it. Then her best friend without even asking me sat in the front with her (and honestly I had a hard time telling her no as well, so I rode in the back. Kinda weird sitting in the back.

Second time went to go pick up my good friend to go out for a night. When we were walking back to the car, I just tossed her the keys (again, I liked her so much I was just trying to show her that I trusted her). She ended up driving my car around the whole night. Was different riding in the passenger seat). Was sooo fun. Kinda risky but worth it

Last edited by TMoney; 03-04-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't ever recall anyone riding in my back seat and I only rode in the passenger's seat once. My fiance was driving and that is the only person I will allow to drive my car.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have kids so they get the back seat periodically, but for any kind of trips we generally take the wife's monte as the seats are a little more comfortable for her, but she does love the heated seats in my car. I have never been in the passenger seat of my car but have in her car I think 3 times as she hates driving and always wants me to drive. I do make my band mates get in the back seat of my car when they are drunk, one because it's safer for them to get home as I don't drink, and secondly because it's kind of funny watching them try to get out of the back seat lol

Old 03-04-2014, 08:32 PM

I've ridden back seat a few times after I had a few drink, and my car was the only way around... I put the keys in a sober and trusting person's hands and it was such a comfortable ride! I was blown away I wish I could ride in the back more often.

I've been told it's like the Batmobile sitting in the back, Black leather comfy seats <3

Old 03-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Yeah i aggree on its usability for "other" things. Gotta b careful using it in a lowered car on a dirt road, thats how i popped a hole in my old gas tank
Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Never have I risen in the back seat. Id like to stand outside while someone else drove it though, so I could hear what it sounds like. Drinking in my car is ok, eat in is case by case. But anyone spills anything and they are banned from eating or drinking in there again. And no one EVER smokes in my car.

Dub, iv found that back seat to be quiet appropriately sized for all sorts of things

Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Never been the back seat of turbo monte and only people that have drove it are my dad when I first got it and it was stock and the wife has drove it a few times as it currently sits. She loves feeling the power at her finger tips once in a while and she is very good at handling it so I trust her. No one else is aloud though lol

No food in turbo monte and a drink with a cap only on long trips. Absolutely no smoking in her and I'm a smoker lol

Last edited by turbo monte; 03-04-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Passenger once I think? I don't really eat, maybe a bottled water once in a while. Now smoking, yes I do that....

David (STUMPI) I thought you kicked the smoking.........

Old 03-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Only rode in the back seat once... My wife was driving and mom has both knees replaced, so me and my dad rode in the back... My dad and I wound up there after watching a soccer game which may have involved some dizzy pops...... Fun fact, the back seat is no fun, no windows to open, hard getting in and out and the ride quality sucks, other than that, pretty good...... Only other person to drive my car is my wife and the shop guy...

Old 03-04-2014, 10:28 PM

I never rode in the back seat of my monte but my girl friend did... wink-wink

Old 03-05-2014, 04:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't believe that in this day and age, people still use the back seat for "other things"! That is so labored! That is a very dated practice going back to old days when cars had a back seat that was actually bigger than the front and didn't have the steering wheel to get in the way. In cars of today, including our Monte Carlos, it makes much more sense to use the passenger front seat reclined all the way for your action. Its still gonna be tight, even for a flyweight like myself. But much more do-able...

Quick Reply: >Have you ever rode in the back seat of your Monte Carlo>?