Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

What kinda tires do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: What kinda tires do you use?

I got Michelin A/S Pilots on the 17" chromes for the winter. Good tires, but poor tire life. They will be replaced with Goodyear TripleTred tires this fall.
BFG G-Force KDWS 235-50-18's are on the summer Eagle 077's. Not a bad tire. The price was right.
Tires are my #1 expense! (other than mods)

Old 04-12-2008, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I use cooper winter tires on 15" steel wheels for the winter. I have Pirelli Pzero Neros for my summer tires. They grip like nothing I have ever used. I cant even spin them when its raining outside. The RSAs I had on my stock wheels would spin from a stop every time and spin like crazy in the rain. Not the pirellis.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:49 AM

The first set of tires that were on the Monte when we bought it were these: Front 2: Yokohama Avid Touring, Driver's Side Rear: Eagle RSA, Pass. Side Rear: Wingred??? Pirelli makes a very good tire, there is no refuting that.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hmm, thinking I might end up with some all seasons for the summer, all those summer tires said they can't be driving around freezing and there are times when it's 70 one day and 25 the next and I can't be having days where I can't drive my car because of the tires.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:42 PM

[align=center]Hi `Garrett, & Member's,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've been taught, and believe that Tires on your[/align][align=center]car is one of your most important components to[/align][align=center]consider on your vehicle. to wit: Monte Carlo LT3 : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Tires are the only component of the car that actually touches the pavement.[/align][align=center]Tires influence the braking, steering, comfort, handling, fuel efficiency and overall safety of every vehicle, but are often ignored or misunderstood by many consumers. Tires pound over potholes, careen off curbs and screech to a halt, etc.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think this is one purchase that you should consider the[/align][align=center]best tire that you can afford for the way you drive.[/align][align=center]If you are driving a lot of Interstate High Speeds, I would[/align][align=center]consider a Z-rated tire. It's pays to do your homework for sure : )[/align][align=center]There are several tire sites, and consumer reports on most[/align][align=center]tires and price. Again, I would purchase the best that you[/align][align=center]can afford. It's the only thing that touches the pavement : )[/align][align=center]Let us know, what you decide, Good Luck, `Space[/align][align=center]My Choice [/align][align=center][:-]

[:-]

Assurance TripleTred
The Goodyear Assurance radial featuring TripleTred Technology is a premium Passenger All-Season tire designed to take on Mother Nature to give the drivers of family coupes, sedans and minivans peace of mind for any driving condition. It was developed to be versatile by combining long wear with traction in any weather condition, including light snow.
Will This Tire Fit My Vehicle?[/align][align=center]Special Offers
Tire Decision Guide<~
Tire Road Hazard Program
Browse By Tire Brand
Selecting the Right Tires
Performance Categories
[URL=http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=50]Warr

Old 04-12-2008, 02:32 PM

If I could have afforded TripleTreds on the Monte I would have in a minute. But at $137/tire I didn't want them THAT badly. )

Old 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Goodyear Eagle GT II

Old 04-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Goodyear Eagle RSA

Old 04-20-2008, 06:38 AM

I ONLY use Goodyear tires when I replace my tires, I'm convinced they saved our lives (my wife and I). On a trip to Florida in my1988 Grand Prix we caught something in the road (never saw anything) going about 85 MPH while passing another car on I-75 near Tampa. The tire just blew, but it held together well enough to get us from the passing lane to the side of the road, with NO damage to the rim or the car. The tire was absolutely shredded by then but it held together. Those were Eagle GT II's.

The Goodyear's might have a slightly higher price tag than other brands, but I truly believe in them. When you're talking maybe 10-20 bucks more per tire, it's worth it.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:38 AM

all i run ar fuzion hri tires decent milage great traction wet or dry

Quick Reply: What kinda tires do you use?