Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Tires for 18x8" Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'll be going with the 45 sidewall as well. I actually think I'm getting those Federal tires. The RS-A's are actually the OEM tires that my Monte came with. They're OK, but nothing to write home about. I honestly don't care what "type" of tires I get on my aftermarket wheels. If they're all seasons, OK, but if they're summer only, that's fine too because I'll only be using them in the summer. I have new tires on my stock wheels for the winter and they treated me very nicely.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM

...Hi `Ted,
Great thread infor by member's on your tire question. I hope Mod Wayne post & lets you know how it got the F1's for $500 installed : ) WoW.
If you get the federal's, let us know what you think of them & keep us updated on the wear. Good Luck
Oh, take new pic's.....How's your AweSome SS running ? Have you ever tuned `it since you've had it ?
EnJoy your weekend....Peace/Out the `Kid

Old 04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by KidSpace
...Hi `Ted,
Great thread infor by member's on your tire question. I hope Mod Wayne post & lets you know how it got the F1's for $500 installed : ) WoW.
If you get the federal's, let us know what you think of them & keep us updated on the wear. Good Luck
Oh, take new pic's.....How's your AweSome SS running ? Have you ever tuned `it since you've had it ?
EnJoy your weekend....Peace/Out the `Kid
Hey 'Space,
I'll definitely keep everyone posted on whatever I decide to do. Mr. Burns has been running pretty good. No complaints. I haven't gotten it tuned. I haven't seen a need yet. I only did the muffler swap, however, once I get my income tax check I'll be doing a few more things.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:12 PM

...Thanks `Ted for your post answer. We are just happy that you are keep'in Mr Burns and not gett'in a Honda Fit.... LOL
I'm saving 4 a Monte like yours...I really like Mr Burns, and love the rims you selected...It makes it one BADD `Monte 4-Real~>sURE : ) wISH U a great/fun weekend...EnJoy

Old 04-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Photobucket

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Photobucket

So are you guys sick of me yet? lol

I think I found an amazing deal on a set of 4 Nankang NS-II tires (245/45/18). $363.52 total, shipped from www.onlinetires.com. My step brother had them on his '95 Monte Carlo when he installed 18 inch Lexani's. He's still alive to tell about it, so they can't be that bad. Seriously though, the tires have pretty damn good reviews around the net, the thing that bothers me are the reviews about this particular online tire retailer. Lots of bad, but then some good. So I don't know. I'm going to call Discount Tire Direct tomorrow to see what they might be able to do since they do sell Nankang tires. Thanks again guys.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:27 AM

i dont know how the federals are in the rain it hasnt rained here yet since i got them mounted. on tech they said they were better than the potenzas that the gxps had,and nothing could be worse than my rsas were.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I don't know how you get them so cheap, on www.tirerack.com they're $184 each.
$126 right now, not $184, but I got them for about $100/tire last year. If I remember right it was about $485 mounted, balanced, and installed at their South Bend store.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....P&autoModClar=

We have this exact same tire on 2 vehicles, both the Monte & the Solstice. The Solstice has 30K on it, and still has plenty of tread.

One of THE biggest things I look at in tires is the UTQG rating, and I won't buy anything under a 300 A A for the summer, or under 300 AA A for the winter.

Tire life, traction, and temp ratings to me are more important than the price. Tires are what connects you to the road. Brakes stop the tires, but if the tires can't grip the road, what good are they in an emergency stop???

Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 AM

update. rained today the federals were fine. i cant really say they were any worse than the rsas were when they were new.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ted, FYI, Goodyear is now offering "up to 80 mail in rebate" on their tires. So if Wayne is right, and they are $126 for the F1's, I believe the F1's fall in the $80 mail in rebate catagory. So you'd be looking at about $475ish with shipping after rebate. I think thats a pretty good deal for 18" tires, and I think you'd probably get more bang for your buck overall with the Goodyears vs a cheaper tire.

Quick Reply: Tires for 18x8" Wheels