Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

thinkin bout 24's

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Default thinkin bout 24's

aight guys...i kno its not some ppls cup of coffee...but i was seriously thinkin bout 24's...wat mods n fits will i encounter?...to have a desent job...plz help

Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Arrow WoW 24's O--O __________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Originally Posted by chevyrider08
aight guys...i kno its not some ppls cup of coffee...but i was seriously thinkin bout 24's...wat mods n fits will i encounter?...to have a desent job...plz help

Hi Eric R.
We have several members that have `Dub's, and
I am sure they will advise. Be patience 4 reply.
Member: SolowSS has a thread U should lOOK @
and check `out all his great photo's of Monte's on Dub's.

EveryOne on the MCF drinks their Coffee the
way they want...Your CHoice, Your $'s
Let us know what U `do & post some pictures.
Good Luck from `Space & the Bums

Old 03-25-2009, 04:43 PM

Basically an entirely new suspension. 19 to 20 inch is pretty much the borderline before there is a really noticeable change in handling.

At 24" the cornering is just horrible, huge loss in acceleration.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by chevyrider08

You will need a 2" lift and make sure to buy 24x9 rims w/ 255-30-24 or 275-25-24 tires. I would personally recommmend 255-30 as to 25 series tires are extremely skinny.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

new braking system, i believe your speedometer will be off, new suspension work.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
new braking system, i believe your speedometer will be off, new suspension work.
x2 i would also reccomend upgrading your brakes, and your speeddometer may be off a tad but nothing really noticeable. and see my above post as far as suspention goes. Only issue people run into when running 4's is the rim hitting the strut plate. That is why the lift is required...

Old 03-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You can do 20s without any modification of your suspension.

Depending on the weight of the tires you may NOT need to upgrade your brakes (but always recommended)

Then you can get a low profile tire, lower you car a little bit and it will be the illusion of a larger RIM but be much easier and cheaper to pull off.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
You can do 20s without any modification of your suspension.

Depending on the weight of the tires you may NOT need to upgrade your brakes (but always recommended)

Then you can get a low profile tire, lower you car a little bit and it will be the illusion of a larger RIM but be much easier and cheaper to pull off.
X2. 20's will have the "best look" for dubs and you WILL notice a slight change in handling but it will still be ok.

I would definitely recommend new brakes, probably new rotors as well. The PowerSlot/Hawk combination for $500 at 3800performance.com is a good call there.

You will also notice a change in your speedometer. It will read low so you will actually be speeding unless you put on some ridiculously low profile tires on. I believe there is a calculator on tirerack.com that can help you.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:30 PM

lot of responses in this thread but still the OP has not responded lol but anyway if you really dont wanna go through the mods to get 4's on yo whip i would suggest grabbin a set of 22's. All you need is some spring spacers (metal ones) put two on each spring and mount the rims on and you will be good to go. If you get 22x8 w/ 245/30 series tires you will have no rubbing issues at all. Also if you go 20's expensive brakes/rotors wont be needed i just went and bout the same brakes/rotors i normally use for my factorys when i was still riding 20's and i had extremely heavy wheels. anyway im done respondin to this thread kinda seems like everybody just talking to eachother w/out the OP lol

Old 03-28-2009, 12:47 PM

thkz ppl...i currently have 22's n yea brakes suck a lil...but i will look into them upgraded rotors n pads...for the 4's im lik most ppl small cars look ugly wit big rims...but ive seen a couple wit them n it looks nice...when its all tucked in n clean...wit the right amount of tire...so has anybody ever heard of bendin the back strut plate?...is that bad?

Quick Reply: thinkin bout 24's