Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

New tires for my 2006 3LT

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: New tires for my 2006 3LT

Ive changed my mind on what to get, as I have summer and winter wheels. Makes more sence to run winter tires, so Im leaning towards Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW-3.

Tire Racks link

Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Thanks for all the replies!! I had the shaft replaced but the vibration now is just on the highway. its just a light shaking of the sterring wheel u can feel. The dealer wont pro-rate the tires I asked so I guess i am SOL on that and will have to fork out the dough. So I was thinking of going to a firestone dealer since I have a credit card and see what they have. any recs on a firestone bridgestone tire for my monte?once again inwill post pics as soon as i can, but it seems as though the 3lt popularity was in bronze as all the pics i see here look just like mine. Oh one last thing, does anyone have the idle that moves up and down very very slightly when in park or drive and at a stop light? i notice it ever so slightly..Also is the gmpp worth it?? I have some quotes from them and they will let me pay 18 mos no interest payment plan...? any feedback? thanks! Chris

Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As for the idle, might or probably is dirty fuel injectors. Go to NAPA or another quality parts store and buy a can of Seafoam injector cleaner, and fill the tank, and add one can, then DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT for the ENTIRE tank. Idling with injector cleaner just loosens it up, moves it around, and re-deposits the gunk. THEN, start running ONLY top tier gas, like Chevron, Amoco, or others, and stay away from WallyWorld gas, and other independents. I run Amoco Ultimate in my 3.8L S/C, and RARELY use injector cleaner. In fact, the gas gauge that quit working in my wifes truck started working again by running Amoco gas instead of Citgo or Marathon, or other crap gas. She cant run Shell gas.
The highway vibration, get a spin balance done at a QUALITY tire store, and MAKE SURE the lugs are hand torqued to 100#, and do it again after 50 miles. If the tires arent worn, you should be able to balance them, unless you have a bent wheel.
Firestone tires are just cheap Bridgestones, which are all owned by Michelin now. I JUST bought a set of Goodyear winter tires today. Get them the 7th.
Buy Bridgestone Turenzas? Forenzas? Sixenzas? Something like that! Michelins if you can. Energys. I'm replacing $900 Michelin Pilots with the Goodyears. The Pilots didn't last. Goodyear Eagle WG3s for $670
Forget GMPP. Been there. For a 1st year car, yes, For a 6th year car, no.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 PM

I have been using Sam's club gas 89 oct 10% eth. Only other gas stations are BP and Sinclair or Caseys or Kum and Go.The seafoam you talk about it, is it the same one for putting in the engine or specifically injector cleaner? I will put some premium in and was thinking BG 44K? ne one think that is good enough? Also Oil change is comeing up was going with Mobil 1 0w-20 advanced energy oil? is it safe or should I just stick with 5w-30? ALso is Mobil 1 better? I heard Valvoline was a good oil synthetic or should I go with something else? thanks for all the helpm as I am preparing for my first winter hear in South Dakota.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM

as for tires i have used eagle f1 super car all seasons. they are AMAZING. best tire ive ever used.
as for your oil change i use mobil 1. since i bought it its only seen mobil one. its supposed to be one of the best out there.
for your rpm situation. that is a computer controlling it. when you are at idle it will lower them for obvious reasons. it will do it to a seperate rpm in nuetral/ park/ drive.
when i tuned my 06 ss i lowered my nuetral rpm to 500, and park/ drive to 600.
btw go vote for monte of the month (vote for me)
its a close race!!!!!!