Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

New struts KYB SR4002. ??? Any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I see where your all going with this. I need to clarify my thoughts. I did not mean to have the shop install your parts, but to assemble them with their compression tools. Struts and springs, this way you don't have to buy tools and such. Sorry if I was vague about this. And then you can install them at your home.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
They do have a good warranty & your price is right.

Amazon.com: KYB SR4002 Strut-Plus Complete Assembly: Automotive

Source link above with customer reviews...
Good Luck & let us know what you decide + a future review of your install > Good Luck
Thanks for everything... I replaced the struts last night and all went extreamly well... Very very easy.. Took me about 25-30 minutes per strut , that included new brakes and pads rotors etc...took pics and will post the review ASAP... Thanks again.....

Old 08-05-2014, 08:04 AM

Hate to bring up old thread but how is the ride on those struts?

Old 08-06-2014, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by gasman
Hate to bring up old thread but how is the ride on those struts?
Hello, it's no problem.....
As far as these struts go, the ride is a little bit stiffer than I would like, but I'm getting old I guess because I want to have it ride like its a Cadillac...lol.. Handles great, they seem to ride a little higher tan stock also, but I think it's the springs, not the struts... Hope it helps a little bit... Michael...

Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 AM

Oh ok because I want a drop in strut and I kinda don't want lowering springs.. And Monroe and kyb is the only ones that offer it

Old 08-08-2014, 07:10 AM

I bought loaded "EZ strut"s from Amazon for $114.00, should be an easy job, just waiting for mother nature to turn off the blast furnace. My vote is to replace it all, do it once, never do it again. KYB, Monroe both make good stuff.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by hillbillywizard
I bought loaded "EZ strut"s from Amazon for $114.00, should be an easy job, just waiting for mother nature to turn off the blast furnace. My vote is to replace it all, do it once, never do it again. KYB, Monroe both make good stuff.
Don't get me wrong, these struts are great, they fit perfect, ride exactly the way they are supposed to ease of the install was so so easy and fast, I am only saying I want a smother ride because of my age.. I want a "Cadillac" feel, I have a new Camaro and wish it rode smother as well..... Lol...

Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 PM

Camaro. I will not fit in that. You can get in it... you are doing good.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by hillbillywizard
Camaro. I will not fit in that. You can get in it... you are doing good.
Front seats are fen, I'm 5'11" and 250 and fit fine, the back "Seat" not her story..... A child can't fit in that wasted space... Have no idea why they even bothered wasting the money to stretch leather over it.. To me it's a Leather Wraped Floor liner, cuz haint no real person fitting back there without being a contortionist.......lol....

Old 08-23-2020, 02:24 PM

Okay, I've been scanning through these posts looking for information on struts for a 2006 Monte Carlo SS with 18" wheels , surprised I can find any problems noted with getting struts for this application , I have been able to find struts for the rear with 18" wheels but find nothing for the front. Has anyone else had this problem ? Can anyone recommend where to get struts for this configuration ? I can only assume that the pocket that the spring sits in is higher so the wheel don't rub ?

Quick Reply: New struts KYB SR4002. ??? Any good ?