Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Michelin Hydroedge for my new Monte???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Default Michelin Hydroedge for my new Monte???

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well. After much searching, I finally found my first Monte Carlo! It's an 2003 SS in a bright, easy to find in a Walmart parking lot, yellow! Got it from the second owner in awesome shape. No rust or dings/dents. A few minor paint chips here and there but nothing major. Super clean inside and out and it only has 58K. Not too shabby for $8 grand I don't think. Unfortunately, a couple weeks after I bought it my back tires got slashed so I'm looking for a new pair. The originals are the Goodyear Eagle RSA's which I originaly looked for and found for around $170ish a peice. I was in Sears today and saw they had Michelin Hydroedge tires for $128. Looked at some reviews online and they seem pretty good as far as handling and tread life. Alot of people were putting 70K-90K on them. Anyone have any thoughts on these tires? I don't want to spend too much but at the same time, I don't want to go cheap and have to buy a new pair in 30K miles. Any info or advice and opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Jared

Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 AM

i got some hydro's on my wheels and they are a great tire. they handle real well in snow and in rain. i believe the thread life is suppose to be 80,000 miles!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 AM

...Member: Rattack, You got a Super Deal on your SS
4-Sure. Below are some reviews : Wish U safe/fun miles.
<LI class=g>Michelin HydroEdge<sup>TM</sup> Tire Reviews & Ratings - Rate or ...

Michelin HydroEdge TM Tire Reviews and Ratings - Review & Rate Tires. Write a tire review or read reviews. Research your tires before you buy and get the ...
www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Michelin_HydroEdgeTM_tire_reviews.html - Cached - Similar
<LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 3em" class=g>Michelin HydroEdge Tires - Tire Size & Price Details - 1010tires.com

Our Longest Lasting Passenger Tire. MICHELIN® HydroEdge® tires offer an outstanding ... Rate the Michelin HydroEdge Tires Read Customer Tire Reviews ...
www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Michelin&tiremodel=HydroEdge - Cached - Similar
More results from www.1010tires.com »
<LI class=g>Michelin HydroEdge Tire Reviews. Buying Guides & Consumer Product ...

Epinions.com - Read product reviews on Michelin HydroEdge Tire - Tires. Overall Rating: 4 stars from 18 consumer reviews at Epinions.com.
www.epinions.com/reviews/Michelin_HydroEdge_Tire - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Michelin HydroEdge

The HydroEdge radial is Michelin's premium Passenger All-Season tire ... Most Recent Reviews of the Michelin HydroEdge, Read all reviews for this tire ...
www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=HydroEdge - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Michelin HydroEdge Tire Reviews

Apr 24, 2009 ... Michelin HydroEdge Tire Reviews - CarReview.com is the leading resource of quality consumer-generated product reviews on the Internet.
www.carreview.com/.../michelin/tires/PRD_369943_1577crx.aspx - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Michelin Hydroedge - Tires - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at ...

Michelin Hydroedge - 52 results like the Michelin HydroEdge Tire, Michelin Tires at The Tire Rack: Michelin HydroEdge 185/65-14 Tire, Michelin Tires at The ...
www.nextag.com/michelin-hydroedge/products-html - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Michelin HydroEdge Tire - Expert Reviews | Bestcovery

With 25 sizes of Michelin HydroEdge tires and over 600 stores in 18 states, Discount Tire/America's Tire is the best place to buy your next set of tires and ...
www.bestcovery.com/review/132408 - Cached - Similar
<LI class=g>Michelin HydroEdge Tire - Compare Prices and Product Reviews

Michelin HydroEdge Tire, price range $0.00 - $0.00, special offers, rebates, save money, product reviews, accessories and more.
automotive.become.com/michelin-hydroedge-tire--compare-prices--sc631974280 - Cached - Similar

Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Michellin Hydro is a GREAT tire....The only reason I did not buy it was because the tire weighs 29 or 30 pounds, and my OEM Goodyear Intergritys were only 22LBS so I did not want the extra weight. But if that is not a problem to you, then the Hydro is an excellent choice.

As a side note, if you got to www.tirerack.com, you can look at tons of tires in your size, and read reviews, even buy them online for really great prices.