Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6
I was thinking about that too, 1.7 front and 1.5 rear. Do you have the link or brand as to what they are? They are made from the same cold wounded steel (or whatever it is) that the Sprint Performance Lowering Springs are made out of.

How do you like them? Any troubles? what was the advertised rate and the rate when you actually put them on?
They have been fine so far no issues.

I got the from this buyer on ebay -
eBay My World - dptmotorsport
Below was the description -
GTP W-BODY IMPALA MONTE CARLO SS RED SUSPENSION LOWERING SPRINGS 1.7" DROP RATE
  • 100% brand new, Never been tried or installed
  • Comes with 2 front and 2 rear lowering springs kit; in Red color exactly shown in the picture
  • Better handling stabality/Drift control, Compatible With OEM shock
  • Improve Corner Grips and Balance
  • Lower Rate: 1.7" Front / 1.5" Rear
  • Spring Rate: 450 lbs/in Front 250 lbs/in Rear
  • No instructions included, Professional installation is highly recommended

Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
They have been fine so far no issues.

I got the from this buyer on ebay -
eBay My World - dptmotorsport
Below was the description -
GTP W-BODY IMPALA MONTE CARLO SS RED SUSPENSION LOWERING SPRINGS 1.7" DROP RATE
  • 100% brand new, Never been tried or installed
  • Comes with 2 front and 2 rear lowering springs kit; in Red color exactly shown in the picture
  • Better handling stabality/Drift control, Compatible With OEM shock
  • Improve Corner Grips and Balance
  • Lower Rate: 1.7" Front / 1.5" Rear
  • Spring Rate: 450 lbs/in Front 250 lbs/in Rear
  • No instructions included, Professional installation is highly recommended
Cool, I'll have to look into that, thanks alot for the info! ...they stock shocks...are they giving you trouble with the springs? And "pogo"ing or and noise? I'm going to get anti-pogo washers and shorter dogbones if I do decide to lower it.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 AM

Yes the stock shocks did not go well with the new springs. I put Bilsteins on the front. The stock ones were ok in the rear.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Critter111
Hey know this thread is a bit old but Have some Spring Questions. I have a 07 LS4 SS with 18" wheels/tires the only 07 monte Eibachs say they are for "V6". I have the PsssssT PsssT sound every time I go over a bump and with 85K on the car bought a set F/R KYB Struts. I was going to Do the Springs at the same Time So I would only have to pay the labor once but I am wondering if their is a difference between V6 and V8 front end spring requrirements. also, seems strange the KYB catalog lists the Rear struts are different from the LS/LT to the SS but the Front struts are the same(seems to me should be the other way around since the weight of the V8 is in the front of the SS).

In Short: Am I going to Get much/is it worth the improvement to go from the Stock V8 SS suspension to the Eibachs? Thanks for your time
First off, Eibach doesn't manufacture a lowering spring for the 06-07's, and they discontinued their lowering springs (Pro-Kit) for the 00-05. The explanation I got is because guys were trying to use the 00-05 lowering springs on the 06-07 and, over time, they were breaking or causing other issues. Not sure if that's true but it's the explanation I got. Now for just the 06-07's, there is a reason manufacturers make two different springs for the V6 and V8. If you want to lower yours, get the spring that you know is made specifically for your car. Otherwise, you run the risk of creating problems in the future. I know SSC (Canuck Motorsports) and Vogtland manufacture a lowering spring for the 06-07 SS.

I have basically the same car as you and I just lowered mine a few months ago. Went with SSC lowering springs and Bilstein struts. So far I love the setup and I can say it is worth doing. The car feels more attached to the road with less body roll, brake dive and squat. There's less torque steer and a bit more grip on the front tires during hard acceleration. Plus it gives the car a great stance.

If you're interested, here's my thread from when I lowered mine: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ti...istress-37750/