Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm getting mine lowered this week... Had to wait 4 weeks, constantly out of stock in Toronto, Canada, had the shop order them from California... I'm getting Eibachs (1" rear & 1.3" front) also installing camber off-set kits on all 4 corners... I'm going to go without the shortenned dog-bones for now unless she starts shaking around 50-65 mph... Gotta watch the bumps though with the high sport package... Zippy02 does yours ever bottom out?... How stiff is the ride?... BTW, sent you PM Zippy02... Thanks,

Old 03-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That works, cool to see other Lowering Springs show up, would be a drag if all our cars were the same. Good reviews is about all one needs. Word of mouth sells a lot of products. They look bad *** and the drop is way good, should give you a different ride. Do you have to also do an all wheel alignment after you put on the new springs as the old alignment is not good for the cars new posture??? I think I had to. All 4 wheels realigned, I could be wrong...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 03-27-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey Crusader, yes sometimes I bottom out when I hit a bad spot in the road and am going pretty fast, wham!! But I have not lost anything, it's really pretty rare to bottom out. The ride is pretty stiff as I have the KYB AGX adjustable struts set really stiff. Trying to go for down force to keep as much pressure on the road and damn the comfort...It's my Battle wagon.. LOL

The KYB's have about 10,000 miles on them. Seem to be pretty solid still, was just going over them this past week when I was detailing the underside, had Matt (my mechanic who built the motor / tranny) look over them and he said all feels good with them...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 03-27-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Do you have to also do an all wheel alignment after you put on the new springs as the old alignment is not good for the cars new posture??? I think I had to. All 4 wheels realigned, I could be wrong...
Yes, it's a good idea to check and see if you need one since it could throw off your alignment. I know for sure that on the Eibachs it states that you need an alignment done after you install them. For those Sprint springs it doesn't say, but I will have it checked anyways just to be sure. Seeing how Alignments aren't that expensive (from what i've read anywhere between $60-$75 total or $12-18 per wheel)

Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6
Yes, it's a good idea to check and see if you need one since it could throw off your alignment. I know for sure that on the Eibachs it states that you need an alignment done after you install them. For those Sprint springs it doesn't say, but I will have it checked anyways just to be sure. Seeing how Alignments aren't that expensive (from what i've read anywhere between $60-$75 total or $12-18 per wheel)
when touching the suspension at all you should always get it aligned.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:06 PM

When I eventually do mine I'm gonna go with Eibach. Thanks for the pics Zippy. Car looks mean

Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM

Hey know this thread is a bit old but Have some Spring Questions. I have a 07 LS4 SS with 18" wheels/tires the only 07 monte Eibachs say they are for "V6". I have the PsssssT PsssT sound every time I go over a bump and with 85K on the car bought a set F/R KYB Struts. I was going to Do the Springs at the same Time So I would only have to pay the labor once but I am wondering if their is a difference between V6 and V8 front end spring requrirements. also, seems strange the KYB catalog lists the Rear struts are different from the LS/LT to the SS but the Front struts are the same(seems to me should be the other way around since the weight of the V8 is in the front of the SS).

In Short: Am I going to Get much/is it worth the improvement to go from the Stock V8 SS suspension to the Eibachs? Thanks for your time

Old 09-05-2012, 05:09 AM

I put some ebay lowering springs on mine. I found I needed better struts afterward because it was bouncey in the front so I put some Bilsteins on...that helped a lot. running 245/45/18 tires..

Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
I put some ebay lowering springs on mine. I found I needed better struts afterward because it was bouncey in the front so I put some Bilsteins on...that helped a lot. running 245/45/18 tires..
I was thinking about that too, 1.7 front and 1.5 rear. Do you have the link or brand as to what they are? They are made from the same cold wounded steel (or whatever it is) that the Sprint Performance Lowering Springs are made out of.

How do you like them? Any troubles? what was the advertised rate and the rate when you actually put them on?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Critter111
Hey know this thread is a bit old but Have some Spring Questions. I have a 07 LS4 SS with 18" wheels/tires the only 07 monte Eibachs say they are for "V6". I have the PsssssT PsssT sound every time I go over a bump and with 85K on the car bought a set F/R KYB Struts. I was going to Do the Springs at the same Time So I would only have to pay the labor once but I am wondering if their is a difference between V6 and V8 front end spring requrirements. also, seems strange the KYB catalog lists the Rear struts are different from the LS/LT to the SS but the Front struts are the same(seems to me should be the other way around since the weight of the V8 is in the front of the SS).

In Short: Am I going to Get much/is it worth the improvement to go from the Stock V8 SS suspension to the Eibachs? Thanks for your time
Oh im almost positive there is. You need ones for the 7th gen monte, you have that LS4 V8 which is alot heavier than the 6th gen's V6, LA1 (3.4L) or L36 (3.8L). They are of different compression ratings too. If you get the ones for the V6 you might sit alot lower than intended, bottom out, not drive right. It'll be to much weight for the engine. Get the V8 ones (7th gen monte) springs.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs