Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Lowering my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Sorry Guys, I havn't been on lately, been busy

I am taking a class this spring and summer for microsoft and finishing my degree with my last two classes also I did two car shows back to back over the weekend, the first one didn't go well at night to win but the next show the next morning was a blast, I took second place for 90's or newer at a low rider show.

I beat two chrysler 300's one wich was pinstriped and a cobalt with vertical doors and wheels and a acura tsx that was pinstriped with vertical doors and wheels. I lost to my car clubs charger wich is cool with me. I was so surprised.

I did update my car domain page a little

and on the last page I have some pics from a show with the lowering kit on.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/23

I will post the profile side shots tommorrow probably.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 PM

absolutely love what you've done to your car. i remember before ever joining this site, i would look at your ride in cardomain all the time to get ideas for mine... and your hid how to install was amazing lol thanksss

so on a scale from 1-10 how annoying is it on speed bumps and since our cars are soo long do you have trouble parking now because i know sometimes my front bumper would scrape the parking cement block in front of the spot (now that i think of it idk the name wow lol)

anyways i hope i wasnt too confusing lol

great lookin monte for sure

Old 03-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Thanks alot

Here is the story, I put 20x7.5 on my car so my car would sit higher so when I through the lowering kit on it took my car back to stock, yet the springs are stiffer and better for performance, incredibly when I park with the cement blocks I don't hit them at all, because my 20's i am sitting perfect now. My back is sitting just a little lower due to my stereo system but its not too bad,

I do take it slow when going through dips on the road and when it comes to speed bumps just take it real slow over big ones and little ones no problems, and avoid man holes on the streets your ok, I don't rub or anything.

The coolest thing is People watch me turn and say man I could never turn that sharply I can do a U Turn with no problem, Its such a great performance upgrade.

It truley handles like a sports car, I am gonna do the strut bars in the front and back from zzp in the future and this thing will have the best handeling ever.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:45 PM

performance upgrades are just as fun as upgrades for looks

Old 03-27-2009, 01:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

only fun for the person driving them :P

Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 PM

I know you all have been waiting!

I posted pics of my car lowered on pages 23 and 24 of my cardomain page.

I will put up before and after page soon

I have done so many shows lately and with finishing school and working and taking care of other stuff I have been really busy,

sorry for not responding as soon as I have been

click below

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2724733/24

Old 04-09-2009, 12:13 AM

I upladed pics here to the photo gallery on mcf

The mountain pictures were before I lowered the car,

The pictures of the most recent car show is with the car lowered

If you look at all the pics there you can see the difference, the rear and front sit higher in the mnt pics and in the show pics there is not such a huge gap look at the fenderwell to tire distance.

I will make a lowering page on my cardomain site very soon too

Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 PM

im looking to get the same springs you got for you car for my 06 ls. they should work right? and what other springs did you look into before deciding to go with those?

thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 PM

I didn't look into other springs because I have heard so much about Eibach,

Eibach is in California, On my trip to hunington beach a month ago I passed by Eibach on the freeway.

I buy USA Made for one thing,

The performance is such a bid difference and its not expensive to have installed when finding the right place at a good price, shop around on the labor if your not installing them,

Yes I went with the v6 kit and there is a kit for the ss v8.

My kit would work on your car. My rear sits lower because of the weight of my stereo but you I can get spacers to have it just a little higher, but I am happy with it

Then when you add custom wheels you will see what size you can go with and tire size by asking a tire place like discount tires.

Mine sits perfect, My tires don't rub so I am not wearing them down, My wheel size is perfect for performance and looks at the same time

20x7.5 rim

z rated falken tire

eibach pro kit.

can't wait to do the strut bars from zzp

Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 PM

If you have a spring cut to the size you want or get cheap springs,

I have seen a import try to take me off the line at the light and then his right front went and spring and assembly broke and he was done, He was young and foolish and tried to be cool and thought he got a great deal on having his car sit low at a cheap price he got what he paid for a tow truck and is gonna need to not do things the cheap import way.

He broke down after the light all traffic was stopped by me and I wasn't trying to race and just kept going home from work and asked myself did that really happen, laughed a little but I know it ain't fun to break down either from past experiances from my 94 vette but he did it to himself.

Quick Reply: Lowering my car