Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Lowered 06 LT

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 AM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I also thought it sat high because I had an empty tank but those pics are with a full tank. Maybe time will tell. I'll remeasure them later for any settling.

Thanks for the rims compliments but I actually want to get rid of them. They just look too small cause the spokes don't extend all the way to the end. I just saw the rims I want here in silver: This is were I buy all my wheels.

BOSS MOTORSPORTS WHEELS SERIES 318 ECO CHROME for your 2006 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO LS -LT -LTZ - Starting from $161.00 Featuring 6 SPOKE, Free Warranty and Free Freight - Wheels and Rims from Performance Plus Tire

Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 PM
15 Year Member

Well just got back from the Firestone and got good news. The rear tires are within spec which is no surprise since nothing really changed. The fronts only the right front camber was off by .4 degrees. we got to talking and told them I have some camber bolts for the struts. They were happy to adjust them If I put them in which was a relief since I've heard stories where they would not do them.

I was almost at the point of taking them off and selling them when he told me that it was off but I'll live with them for now unless someone really wants them.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
15 Year Member

Well I just installed some shorted dogbones that i ordered and everything feels better. I would get some vibration while accelerating and then it would go away. Now it feels like I gained some torque and vibration is gone. Also while shifting from park to rev is hardly noticeable.
My one concern is that the upper radiator hose got a slight bend. Its not too bad but noticeable. Is this something I should be worried about? Should it be as free flowing as possible?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by kingreyna
Well I just installed some shorted dogbones that i ordered and everything feels better. I would get some vibration while accelerating and then it would go away. Now it feels like I gained some torque and vibration is gone. Also while shifting from park to rev is hardly noticeable.
My one concern is that the upper radiator hose got a slight bend. Its not too bad but noticeable. Is this something I should be worried about? Should it be as free flowing as possible?
how bad is it bent? They're already pretty bent stock, or at least mine is..

car looks great lowered!

Old 06-19-2011, 05:36 AM

find a windy road it will help it settle but take your time when doing it. the shifting of the body will help the shocks and every thing setteling down. if you cant find a windy road find a road that has a circle at the end of it and turn one way and try the other to help it