Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Kudos to Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Kudos to Tire Rack

I had to replace one tire on the Firebird that suufered sidewall damage. Wanted to get the same as the other three of course and set out shopping.

OMG! Shops in town wanted $200 for just a tire and anything from $30 to $50 for changing it. Like they know you are in a corner and must surrender to crazy prices.

Thanks to the sponsor here, Tire Rack I got the exact same tire in two days via UPS for $140 including the shpping cost. Had it mounted & balanced by a shop near work for $15

Thanks for having that ad in front of my eyeballs on MCF. Saved me some money and made a customer for Tire Rack, I'll return before this winter for some new treads for the Monte.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 PM

Yup, TireRack did me right when I needed tires for my Monte.....when I first got the car it was a year old and the front tires were pretty worn. Living in Portland, OR. at the time I didn't have the luxury of riding them out so I ended up buying new ones from TireRack for alot less than I would have been able to get the same tire at local shops, even once the mounting and balancing was done I still saved money!

The only thing that sucks is the lack of a storefront means in the even of a warranty or emergency issue you'd have to factor in the shipping process into the equation which levels the playing field real quick!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 PM

Thanks Barovelli for your post & endorsement of one of our great sponsors....I think they have super prices, and a great site...I love the program they have to see rim's on selected Monte Carlo's. Thanks for all your contributions to the MCF.

Hi Rich, yes shipping can make a difference 4-Sure, but I have not read one complaint about Tire Rack and their service to customer's. Thanks for your post(s) and posting your experience....p.s. Hope Life is Good 4 U & yours...
Peace/Out

Old 09-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi Rich, yes shipping can make a difference 4-Sure, but I have not read one complaint about Tire Rack and their service to customer's.
LOL, do a google search for "tire rack road hazard"

After doing so, I stand corrected. Shipping is NOT an issue, however, you would have to pay for the cost of repair/replacement up front and then wait to see how much TireRack would cover of said cost. Just something to think about when shopping for tires, gotta take everything into consideration before deciding on the best option for you, right?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:05 PM

..Hi Rich, I keep learning something everyday on the MCF
My only problem is that I keep 4getting the majority of things I've learned LOL (no lie : )

Thanks for your post & contributions 4-Sure...
Hope life is going good 4 U & yours...How are your tires holding up that you purchased from Tire Rack...R U `Happy ?
Peace/Out

Road Hazard Warranty on Tire Rack
Properly maintained tires can generally handle the bumps and scrapes but inevitably one unforseen road hazard can leave you with a tire in need of repair or ...
tires.tirerack.com/tires/Road%20Hazard%20Warranty - Cached