Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Green Diamond tires- yea or nay??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Default Green Diamond tires- yea or nay??

Anybody have any experience with these? The only thing I'd be worried about is if it's possible for the imbedded bits to come off and "sandblast" your car's exterior....?
Do they work?
Should I worry about the 'sandblast' effect??
Thanks!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Default RE: Green Diamond tires- yea or nay??

[align=center]Hi Patrick,[/align][align=center]I've never been out of the state of Florida, but[/align][align=center]the web has taken me all over the World.[/align][align=center]Below is what I've found for you to explore.[/align][align=center]Good Luck, I hope it helps.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Snow Tires Reviews[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click on link below[/align][align=center]http://www.consumersearch.com/www/au...s/reviews.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.greendiamondtire.com/inthenews.html[/align]

Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM

I've never heard of them. What exactly is the sandblast effect you are talking about?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 PM

I'll second that. Never heard of them.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Never heard of them either
Wayne

Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 AM

Hi Patrick, and member's.
I never heard of them either, but you can now say that you have
Isn't it amazing what we can learn on the MCF
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.greendiamondtire.com/inthenews.html[/align]

Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 AM

Yeah, the website is pretty much the only source of info on them. I did find a couple other links (like Space posted) but that's about all...
Doesn't matter now, cause I'm putting four brand-spanking-new Nokians weathers on tomorrow am... had to splurge and get some new wheels along with them (just can't tell the wife yet)...

Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 AM

Hi Patrick,
Glad to read that you found some tires/rims : )
(We promise, not to tell your wife : ) LOL
My g/f reads all my posts : )
When you get them, please post your review on the tires for other
member's that have to drive in the snow [:@][X(][:@]
Pictures, would be a `plus.
Does it snow a lot in NE PA ?
One of my Professor's is from a town called New Hope, PA
Wish you safe driving this winter.
Thanks for your post `update.
`Space

Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 PM

I'll let you know what I think about the tires and wheels- from what I've read, the Nokians WRs are very good - guess they know about this stuff up in Finland!
SpaceRider- we've had some Nasty snowstorms- last year shut down Scranton, and Wilkes-Barre... I had just bought the SS and couldn't get down my street for 4 days! NOBODY could- even the lifted 4X4s.... which is what I had just sold for this car! At that time, I was traveling about 20 minutes from home to work in Scranton, and the patients must have gotten sick of seeing the same faces- nobody could get to work and the therapists were all mandated to stay until we could arrive. They declared a state of emergency, and I had a ton of personal time, so it was okay, but still sucked being stuck like that.
Back in 93, we had that monster Nor'easter (or was it 92?)- I was taking my state boards- they were being held in Philly- once that snow hit, they shut down all the bridges going into Philly. Had to stay in Philly, after the 1st day of Boards, and then sleep there to come back for the clinical simulations on the second day! That was a Monster of a storm...
I'm almost 43, and can remember, even as a kid, some huge snowstorms around here. They shut Everything down, and you better be prepared!
BTW, that Scranton I'm mentioning, is the one used for that show "The Office." I work in the city, and although it's pretty nice, it cracks me up to see the show and notice that there's NOTHING in it taking place in Scranton!
Ciao.