Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

flat tire? or bigger problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:42 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default flat tire? or bigger problem?

ok this may be difficult. i have been in 3 accidents in my car. all the damage has been fixed. thank god. but now that i drive it, it feels weird and sounds scary, and not in a good way.

driver side: no damage but fender bending a tiny bit, that is fixed. but now i have this loud rubbing sound coming from the wheel well area, and it also has the sound of a flat tire flopping around. now i get out and check my tire pressure, but it is good. now i check all the molding to the body where the screws are placed, its all tight. now i dont know about suspension, so i dont know if that is the problem. but as i drive the sound is horriblly loud sometimes, and sometimes it is not as loud.

passenger side: a huge amount of damage where most of it happened. which is also fixed. but now it seems like the car is leaning a bit, and more importantly, when i turn into a nice smooth turn to my rigth in the car, the sound i hear get real loud, but when i turn to the left the sound goes away.

now i was thinking maybe there is more then just body damage that has been done from the accidents, and driving the car with that noise is making it worse.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

When you had the car repaired did they repair any suspension damage? Did they put the car on the frame machine and measure it and check all the suspension components?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

marquet. i was looking at your pics last week and noticed the damage to your car, wtf, driving while sleeping??? but i thought if maybe you put a pic of the damage up on this thread it may help some of the expert body mechanics better determine what may be wrong? goodluck with it and be safe man!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You need to let your insurance co know that it's not fixed right, along with the body shop. Get in in and have them go thru it, on the rack, check the hubs, alignment, etc.
I hope those accidents weren't your fault!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
When you had the car repaired did they repair any suspension damage? Did they put the car on the frame machine and measure it and check all the suspension components?

no they did not, i dont think. they just fixed the body. i was thinking it was the suspension because it makes the noise the worstr when i turn. they did well with the body, but i believe it was further damage under the hood or under the car.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
marquet. i was looking at your pics last week and noticed the damage to your car, wtf, driving while sleeping??? but i thought if maybe you put a pic of the damage up on this thread it may help some of the expert body mechanics better determine what may be wrong? goodluck with it and be safe man!!!

that is not a bad idea. i will see if could do that. yea it was late, and i was working all day and it was about two in the morning going home from work and this road was dark and i was going about sixty and fell asllep and ran off the road. bad. i think my axel for the car on the passenger side may be bent or something. because that is where a lot of the damage happened. idk.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
You need to let your insurance co know that it's not fixed right, along with the body shop. Get in in and have them go thru it, on the rack, check the hubs, alignment, etc.
I hope those accidents weren't your fault!

unfortantly two of them were, and those so happened to be the worst. i was thinking once i get money to have the alignment checked and what not because the car pulls hard to the rigth when i go about 60 to 70. i want to save and have very thing repaired, redone and replaced.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

If there is suspension damage and they didnt fix it then the body shop and/or your insurance company didnt do their job. If you filed an insurance claim, did they give you a copy of the estimate? If they wrote in to fix the suspension and they didnt then you better call them up and tell them it wasnt fixed right.

If it wasnt written into the estimate then the adjuster didnt do his/her job correctly. Call them up and tell them you are having suspension problems after the accident and that they didnt have all the problems from the accident fixed.

If you didnt file a claim and paid for it yourself, you still need to check the estimate and see if they wrote in to fix the suspension. If they did and you are having problems still, take it back and have them fix it correctly.

If they didnt write in to have the suspension fixed, then its just a matter of taking it back and paying them to fix it.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pi...pictureid=3086

i hope you can see the damage, but that is a pick of where the sign tore up the side of my car. i can say that under the hood it bent the support for the fenders. it bent the fender way back, and busted the horn, and windsheild wiper reserve. and a bunch of other stuff. it was bad!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
If there is suspension damage and they didnt fix it then the body shop and/or your insurance company didnt do their job. If you filed an insurance claim, did they give you a copy of the estimate? If they wrote in to fix the suspension and they didnt then you better call them up and tell them it wasnt fixed right.

If it wasnt written into the estimate then the adjuster didnt do his/her job correctly. Call them up and tell them you are having suspension problems after the accident and that they didnt have all the problems from the accident fixed.

If you didnt file a claim and paid for it yourself, you still need to check the estimate and see if they wrote in to fix the suspension. If they did and you are having problems still, take it back and have them fix it correctly.

If they didnt write in to have the suspension fixed, then its just a matter of taking it back and paying them to fix it.

i believe it was only for body work, not suspension, i am going to get it checked and get to the bottom of the issue. i heard earlier that it was probally the independent drive shaft or something like that?

Quick Reply: flat tire? or bigger problem?