Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

F-Body Calipers and brake kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Default F-Body Calipers and brake kits

I just recieved, prepped and painted, my new 99 Camaro Calipers and brakets, my question is, I'm now looking to order a Stainless Steel Braided Brakeline kit, I was just wondering if the kits provided on PFYC and 3800 performance will fit these new calipers. Which ones should I choose or do I have to find this kit to fit a 99 Camaro? Please advise. I'll post pics of the new finished calipers later.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Default RE: F-Body Calipers and brake kits

not knowing allot about the brake swaps. but to tell you from parts experince etc.
I belive they are the same. But i would do some reserch on this. actually it would be real easy to do it.
Go to autozone.com and look up the parts for both cars and see if the part numbers are the same if they are thent eh lines are the same also.

other wise you can go to a camaro parts place on line im sure they have the braded line kits for thsoe cars. would not be a camaro with out them LOL nah. they have them for those cars as they are a popular upgrade for them

Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

do your stock hoses and lines fit the calipers you got in??? if so then order them for a monte, if not then your probably going to have them custom made which the companies that make the ss brake lines can do

Old 01-03-2007, 12:50 PM

I was told that the stock lines do fit these calipers, but I don't want to take a chance and order the wrong thing. I e-mailed 3800 performance, and someone else that i know has done this swap already. Hope it works. I'll keep you all posted.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM

i was playing at a junk yard one day. the didnt have the newer camaro's there, but they had a 95 camaro (their calipers do not fit the GP or MC)

from what i found, the camaro lines were shorter then the GrandPrix's lines. and the monte carlo (95-99) lines were even longer then the GP's... but the important thing is, all the fittings were the same. so the only thing that matterd was the lenght. i supose some cars have the connection from the hard line in different places, also the caliper location changes too... so that is why the lenghts need to be diff. i would go with the kit for your car. cause your hard line is in the same place, and the caliper is pretty much in the same place too. the camaro might have the hard line connection somewhere else.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 AM

i venture a guess if the ends are the same and it is jsut he length you would only have to change it out for the SS lines then, But one way to check this out is to put one of those claipers on your car and turn the wheels from lock to lock with the help of someone and see what happens. If you plan to change the lines anyway . at least you will see what they will do with the new calipers on the car etc..
(but use the rubber lines for testing just incase you didnt catch what i was saying here. )

Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM

Well this project is on a short hold. I am bidding on HIDs for my car. If i win the bid I'll be posting photos of the finished product. If not I'll be buying clips and Pads for the calipers and doing the install shortly. In the meantime I'll be using the stock rotors, and stock lines until I get the cash to order the lines and rotors.

Anyone know where I can find the Stainless SteelBrakelines cheaper than $109?? I haven't seen them on ebay, maybe i'm not looking in the right place.

I have the rotors in mind, but thats later.

I'll keep you guys posted on this!

By the way 3800 performance tells me the Monte Stainless Steel brakelines will work with these calipers, I just need to use the 99 Camaro banjo bolts which I have.